Home

Hot Route Strategy

This is a discussion on Hot Route Strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Hot Route Strategy

Does anyone have any advice for using hot routes on the 360? It seems like you may be lucky to get one hot route set before the snap. I was thinking that it may be necessary to focus on hot routes that pertain to the game, like concentrating on QB contain if the opposition's QB is a srambler. I am new to the 360 and am not doing very well on D and this is something that is lacking from my game. This on top of the defensive line/LB shifts make it difficult to grasp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Hot Route Strategy

The main problem is the CPU snaps the ball WAY to soon. There isn't really much you can do in terms of hot routes. As you get more comfortable with the game though, you MIGHT be able to squeeze two hot-routes in there.

I'd just concentrate more on getting the right defensive call right off the bat. If you need a spy, call a D with a spy or two (or blitz).
Old 01-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
Rookie

punchy7080's Arena

i do a lot of man coverage blitzes and hot route the safeties to cover the first down marker. both posters are right though, tough to squeeze two in before the snap... expecially if you are at home and still have to pump up the crowd
Old 02-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Interference's Arena

never have been a fan of playing defense in football games so i always sim the defense. But, i do utilize the offensive hot routes a great deal.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interference
But, i do utilize the offensive hot routes a great deal.
I feel ya there. I call Hail Mary and hot Route everyone sometimes. I get Peyton Manning on that a**.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »