Home

Do you cut players?

This is a discussion on Do you cut players? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Do you cut players?

Me and my friend play a co-dynasty and always face each other in the last game of the year. I was coaching at Cincinnati and he was at Colorado State. I'm trying to become bowl eligible and am up 5 with under a minute left, he's at my 17 yard line. He drops back to pass, throws over the middle, right into the arms of my middle linebacker and he drops it. I'm pissed at him....but it happens, so I start to shrug it off, but then he starts to celebrate. I know what is coming next, and I get flagged for the unsportsmanlike conduct. So not only did he drop the game winning pick, but he put Colorado State on my 2 yard line, which allowed my friend to punch it in on the next play.

And so at the beginning of the next season, I made sure to cut the Sophomore MLB who cost our team a bowl berth (and eventually cost my job, because I needed to get to a bowl). He is the only player that I have cut in the 12 years of our co-dynasty.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubya
Me and my friend play a co-dynasty and always face each other in the last game of the year. I was coaching at Cincinnati and he was at Colorado State. I'm trying to become bowl eligible and am up 5 with under a minute left, he's at my 17 yard line. He drops back to pass, throws over the middle, right into the arms of my middle linebacker and he drops it. I'm pissed at him....but it happens, so I start to shrug it off, but then he starts to celebrate. I know what is coming next, and I get flagged for the unsportsmanlike conduct. So not only did he drop the game winning pick, but he put Colorado State on my 2 yard line, which allowed my friend to punch it in on the next play.

And so at the beginning of the next season, I made sure to cut the Sophomore MLB who cost our team a bowl berth (and eventually cost my job, because I needed to get to a bowl). He is the only player that I have cut in the 12 years of our co-dynasty.
Wow, that's harsh! Good story though, thanks for sharing.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Jeeze, you could have just benched him. How bout this... now that you cut him he signs on with another team and screws you again !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #12
Rookie

punchy7080's Arena

OVR: 1

you guys know these players aren't real people, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »