Home

Do you cut players?

This is a discussion on Do you cut players? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Do you cut players?

Wondering what peoples' thoughts are in terms of recruiting more than you need. For the past few "seasons," I have only recruited the number of players I need, with no cuts come the next season. With 70 roster spots, I end up recruiting no more than, at the absolute most, 16-18 players per year.

Also, I generally will focus on only those positions where I have juniors and seniors. This is unless some absolute stud comes along in a non-need position, in which case I'll pick him up and maybe shuffle some positions or something.

My "house rules," I guess. This makes it as close to real life as possible, I think. If I get a dud recruit, I'm stuck with him unless he transfers, and I might miss out on a really good player now and then because I am already filled at a particular position.

Anyone else do this or anything similar?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2008, 12:23 AM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Do you cut players?

I never cut anyone, maybe the CPU does it for me, but I usually just skip the step.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 01-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #3
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

I only cut if I have to, I too like the idea of having to ride out a bad decision I made on a supposed big time recruit. I'm Utah St. right now about 3 years in and I've started getting mostly 3 start guys but I have a soph who was a 4* but came in at 68, even on my crappy Oline he can't get any PT.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I sometimes cut players, but I write down the ratings and create the player in 2 seasons as a junior. Its like he is a juco transfer. I write down ratings, ht and wt. I don't get into looks and body type.

Its mostly because I set some guides on # of recruits. I go for every position in every season. I do that because it seems every year a team brings in a Qb, HB, OL, etc....
Old 01-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I only cut people if I am over the 70 players max. One time I didn't cut anyone and let the computer do it for me and they cut my highly rated backup QB. So I don't ever want to go down that road again...now I do it myself if needbe.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #6
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

OVR: 8

I never over recruit. I feel like it cheats the CPU teams.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #7
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

I cut players if I'm over 70.

BTW(360), while cutting players, is there a indicator anywhere that tells you how many players you have?
Old 01-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
I cut players if I'm over 70.

BTW(360), while cutting players, is there a indicator anywhere that tells you how many players you have?
hit "Y" pretty much anywhere in dynasty mode and it will bring up the player breakdown screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »