OVR: 15
Re: 09

i cant wait that long
Old 02-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #18
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

The robotic running animations really need to be fixed.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:17 AM   #19
Rookie

I OU aBeatn's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
PS2 version is better in every way except for pursuit angles, auto fg's and possibly recruiting.

I could easily make a list of 100 things that were better about the PS2 version over the Xbox 360 version.
I've played both versions for several months this year, and I'd be interested if you could get a list of 10 things better on last gen than current gen.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 62

I just hope this is an upgrade from NCAA 2007. I tried NCAA 2008, but it was just pure crap and completely unplayable for me.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #21
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOUaBeatn
I've played both versions for several months this year, and I'd be interested if you could get a list of 10 things better on last gen than current gen.
In no order:

1. Alt uni's
2. 1AA teams
3. Formation Subs
4. Medical Redshirts
5. No turnonver bug
6. Mini Games
7. Doesn't take forever to switch screens
8. Create a school
9. Custom playbook (able to choose formations for a single playbook)
10. The training before the season starts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #22
Rookie

I OU aBeatn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
In no order:

1. Alt uni's
2. 1AA teams
3. Formation Subs
4. Medical Redshirts
5. No turnonver bug
6. Mini Games
7. Doesn't take forever to switch screens
8. Create a school
9. Custom playbook (able to choose formations for a single playbook)
10. The training before the season starts
I kind of meant gameplay wise. I play exclusively online, so the only one that even comes close to applying to me would be the "turnover bug," which I don't have a problem with.

As far as gameplay, NextGen blows away last gen to a point where it's not even close. Sure it's missing some features that people enjoy, but with the huge difference in graphics and actual gameplay, the tilt goes to next gen.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:02 PM   #23
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

1) Option is not ridiculous.
2) Slide protection
3) Playbooks aren't ********.
4) Pass rush isn't ******** -- defenders don't constantly give up contain even when you blitz from outside or loop DL.
5) User defense against the pass isn't super lame on short passes -- possible to click on and make user picks downfield. Possible to make user plays on short passes when thrown right at your defender.
6) Comback routes and curl routes actually work.
7) No lead block FB dive over and over BS.
8) No broken hook zones on flipped defensive plays
9) Actually possible to make moves in the open field with fast/agile players. Juke move isn't worthless.
10) Formation/Quick audibles.

Not saying that LG is perfect either. Both games have major flaws that impact gameplay. Zones are worthless on LG against certain types of routes. Deep passing game can still be over-effective. AI DBs are worthless with the ball in the air. Momentum, HFA, and "motivation" can all be super lame. Bump and run is dumb. Tons of glitches that are still in the game from '07 and '06. Pursuit angles are ********. Etc, etc....

Last edited by rhombic21; 02-25-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #24
Rookie

I OU aBeatn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
1) Option is not ridiculous.
2) Slide protection
3) Playbooks aren't ********.
4) Pass rush isn't ******** -- defenders don't constantly give up contain even when you blitz from outside or loop DL.
5) User defense against the pass isn't super lame on short passes -- possible to click on and make user picks downfield. Possible to make user plays on short passes when thrown right at your defender.
6) Comback routes and curl routes actually work.
7) No lead block FB dive over and over BS.
8) No broken hook zones on flipped defensive plays
9) Actually possible to make moves in the open field with fast/agile players. Juke move isn't worthless.
10) Formation/Quick audibles.

Not saying that LG is perfect either. Both games have major flaws that impact gameplay. Zones are worthless on LG against certain types of routes. Deep passing game can still be over-effective. AI DBs are worthless with the ball in the air. Momentum, HFA, and "motivation" can all be super lame. Bump and run is dumb. Tons of glitches that are still in the game from '07 and '06. Pursuit angles are ********. Etc, etc....
1. It's not ridiculous on next gen, either. It's really easy to stop when you know it's coming.
2. Agreed.
3. I actually prefer the play books for next gen over last gen. Seems to be more realistic and more ways to attack the defense. This is just opinion, though.
4. Agreed.
5. I don't agree with this at all. I have no problem with user defense, including making tackles and picking off passes downfield.
6. They do on next gen as well.
7. Agreed, although similar methods can be abused.
8. Agreed.
9. I didn't know the just didn't work on next gen, but I use it all the time with the same effectiveness it had on last gen.
10. Agreed.

I also agree completely with your final statement. Both versions have their flaws, but I simply enjoy playing NextGen a lot more because it's more realistic for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »