Home

Some help running out of shot-gun (360)

This is a discussion on Some help running out of shot-gun (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Some help running out of shot-gun (360)

I just realize that when I'm in shot-gun I ALWAYS pass. Now, it's no big problem against the computer, it's just I don't feel right playing like that.

I've tried running from shot-gun in the past but was never really able to get anything going... especially on draws.

Any help? Any plays that seem to work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Some help running out of shot-gun (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I just realize that when I'm in shot-gun I ALWAYS pass. Now, it's no big problem against the computer, it's just I don't feel right playing like that.

I've tried running from shot-gun in the past but was never really able to get anything going... especially on draws.

Any help? Any plays that seem to work?
Yeah, I felt that way too. It all depends on the coverage really. You just have to play around with the motions. 1 play I like, 4WR, trips right/left whatever, the inside slot reciever comes in auto-motion(green pre-plat route) and its just an outside run, but it develops good and allows you to cut up in or stretch it. Also, in play-action plays this run play has a good PA play off of it. The inside slot reciever that comes in motion, goes on a shallow frag underneath the LB's. Usually the OLB is manned up on the motion WR and can't keep up.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Rookie

Interference's Arena

OVR: 1

My fave is any shotgun speed option to the wide side of the field. All you need is a QB with at least 70 speed (you can even get away with less) and you can find a good deal of success. if youre not used to the option, it might take a little bit to find the best strategy for pitching vs keeping. I find that the occasional draw can illicit large gains. you just cant use them a lot. But, if youre used to passing a lot, a draw here and there should work. Also, consider audibling into a draw if they have a lot of DBs. The drawback to the option, though, is a greater risk of fumbling. Now, i've fumbled a lot, but i've also had many great gains and TDs from the shotgun option. Id say the reward is worth the risk.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interference
My fave is any shotgun speed option to the wide side of the field. All you need is a QB with at least 70 speed (you can even get away with less) and you can find a good deal of success. if youre not used to the option, it might take a little bit to find the best strategy for pitching vs keeping. I find that the occasional draw can illicit large gains. you just cant use them a lot. But, if youre used to passing a lot, a draw here and there should work. Also, consider audibling into a draw if they have a lot of DBs. The drawback to the option, though, is a greater risk of fumbling. Now, i've fumbled a lot, but i've also had many great gains and TDs from the shotgun option. Id say the reward is worth the risk.
No one will cover the pitch man, so yeah it'll work.

You're right about the draws. I run it with trips so possibly an OLB will slide out as well.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Interference's Arena

OVR: 1

there are times though, when the computer calls a perfect defense to the option, and i get stuffed, but usually i end up with some yards. (though i would hesitate from calling it a money play)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interference
there are times though, when the computer calls a perfect defense to the option, and i get stuffed, but usually i end up with some yards. (though i would hesitate from calling it a money play)
The speed option, no it isn't a money play, but the option is pretty easy to abuse the CPU with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »