Home

One man's opinion...

This is a discussion on One man's opinion... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Lightbulb One man's opinion...

I know I'm in the middle of some serious hard core gamers out here. I play 2 or 3 games a week, sometimes less and I'd do it more if I had the chance to. I'm an ok player, not great or anything but reading through some of these threads made me happy with where I'm at.

I think it's funny how some resort to using only "Corso pick" plays or adjusting sliders on heisman level to make it even more difficult. But here it is February and when I fire it up on varsity for 5 minute quarters, I usually win about 70% of the time and if I lose its usually by a close margin. (Like last night for instance, I was Texas Tech and I lost to Michigan 26-25 and I threw 5 interceptions to their 1, a flaw that has been discussed ad nauseum, as it should) I guess what I'm saying is that I'm glad I'm at this point in the year where if I get better I can always move up to All-American or to Heisman, rather than being a hard core gamer and play on Heisman within the first few weeks of the games release and then spend the rest of the time complaining what flaws are in the game and what needs to be fixed for the next iteration or finding ridiculous ways to make the game more difficult.

I love college football more than anything else...the spirit, the atmosphere, the players, the traditions...I also love the fact that I can fire up my 360 every time and not be 100% or even 90% sure that I will win the game I'm about to play.

Anyone else wish you could be like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: One man's opinion...

I'm like that on All-American. I don't need Heisman to give me a challenge.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I suppose you could also pick your team and start with Akron and play one team a day through Wyoming on your difficulty level. If you go undefeated, then maybe you have mastered the game...well enough to make the next 4 months go by.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm with ya man. Most of my friends who play this game have given up on it already. I'm still going strong in February. I love college football too and thats why I am still playing.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
Rookie

DaNextPhenom25's Arena

OVR: 4

yeah, trying out these different sliders was the worst thing that ever happened to me playing this and madden. I wish I would have just stuck to all american and be happy. I've wasted so much time looking for sliders, and now I've stopped! Now if there was only a way to get Arkansas State to a undefeated season...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »