Home

Post your created schools here (I'll start)

This is a discussion on Post your created schools here (I'll start) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #9
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Post your created schools here (I'll start)

What happens when you create a school? Do they start as an independent? Can you play a dynasty with them? Do they start as a 1-star program? Where does their initial roster come from?

Maybe in NCAA 09, I'll try creating Montana State. I originally became interested in the NCAA game a few years ago when they actually had I-AA schools in the game, that was teh sweet! But then the next year, they didn't update the I-AA rosters. And then they dropped it all together. The MSU Bobcats logo is pretty similar to the Texas State one in your avatar, so I wonder if it is in the game.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #10
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Alaska Polytechnic Institute and State University (Alaska Tech)
Capital City University
Carson College
Ross Perot University
Roswell University
Santa Ana State University
South Dakota A&T University
Windsor State University

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 02-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
What happens when you create a school? Do they start as an independent? Can you play a dynasty with them? Do they start as a 1-star program? Where does their initial roster come from?

Maybe in NCAA 09, I'll try creating Montana State. I originally became interested in the NCAA game a few years ago when they actually had I-AA schools in the game, that was teh sweet! But then the next year, they didn't update the I-AA rosters. And then they dropped it all together. The MSU Bobcats logo is pretty similar to the Texas State one in your avatar, so I wonder if it is in the game.

You can insert them into any conference at the start of a franchise. Also, they are as good as you want to make them, you can create them from juggernauts all the way down to cupcakes. I create mine as a balanced team so I can compete. Incidently, I posted some 1-AA rosters on Digital Sports Mania in the downloads section called "PS2 FCS rosters-final". I feel like I represented Montana State fairly well, you can tell me what you think. There were only 10/79 teams I didn't see play, so I didn't do a whole lot more than just naming the players for those few teams (and making sure no seniors from last years team were included). You should check them out, I posted them under my user name "Harrar".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2008, 04:39 PM   #12
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
You can insert them into any conference at the start of a franchise. Also, they are as good as you want to make them, you can create them from juggernauts all the way down to cupcakes. I create mine as a balanced team so I can compete. Incidently, I posted some 1-AA rosters on Digital Sports Mania in the downloads section called "PS2 FCS rosters-final". I feel like I represented Montana State fairly well, you can tell me what you think. There were only 10/79 teams I didn't see play, so I didn't do a whole lot more than just naming the players for those few teams (and making sure no seniors from last years team were included). You should check them out, I posted them under my user name "Harrar".
Thanks. I play on the Xbox 360. Are they PS/2 only rosters?
I am almost NCAA'd out for the year to be honest, after I get my 1-star to 6-star achievement (currently I'm up to 3 star after 2 years), that'll probably be it. But that's cool that you can easily incorporate a custom school into the Division I-A landscape.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #13
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I will say there is a speed issue with created teams. No matter how good they are you will always lack speed at non-skill positions i.e. linebackers and d-line. Causes problems on defense.

My Video Game Streams
Old 02-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #14
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
I will say there is a speed issue with created teams. No matter how good they are you will always lack speed at non-skill positions i.e. linebackers and d-line. Causes problems on defense.

Yes, I can vouch for that. That's why I cheat a little and edit up my players a tad before my dynasty begins. I end up with the majority of my team in the low-mid 80's overall. Makes it more fun (to me, anyway).
Old 02-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I haven't done one this year, but I once made the Southwestern Louisiana Bulldogs from the movie "The Waterboy".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

a few years, and a few game versions, ago I made springfield university with all the simpsons characters. It wasn't as fun as I thought because I couldn't get the players to look like the characters.
I saw the episode where Homer had to go to college and ran over the star kicker with the homecoming float and his leg came off.
My intitial plan was to come up with 12 created teams with all tv characters but that fizzled after springfield U. and plans were scrapped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »