Home

NCAA Football 09 announced for Wii

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 announced for Wii within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
Rookie

Gamecocks625's Arena

OVR: 4
NCAA Football 09 announced for Wii

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080214/20080214005665.html?.v=1

I love NCAA and my only console is the Wii so this is a no-brainer. I question having a mascot as the coverboy though.

Quote:
EA SPORTS Announces NCAA Football 09 for the Wii
Thursday February 14, 12:00 pm ET
NCAA Football 09 Cover Contest Lets College Fans Choose their Favorite Mascot
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS - News) opens the polls today for voters to cast their ballots in the NCAA® Football 09 Cover Mascot Challenge. To commemorate the first NCAA Football video game on Wii™, the video game’s packaging will feature a platform exclusive NCAA college team mascot. Fans will be able to choose their favorite NCAA FBS (formally known as Division 1-A) college team mascot, and will ultimately decide which college mascot will represent this year’s NCAA Football 09 Wii cover.
“Nintendo is excited to have NCAA Football 09 available for Wii. In my family, NCAA Football has always been a family event,” said Steve Singer, Nintendo of America’s vice president of Licensing. “Now with the Family Play mode from EA we can share the football experience all year long.”
NCAA Football 09 for Wii will feature EA SPORTS Family Play, as seen in NBA Live, Madden NFL and FIFA. EA SPORTS Family Play is a multiplayer, social experience that allows novice users to compete against advanced players and still enjoy success. Regardless of the gamer’s ability or skill level, EA SPORTS Family Play creates an accessible and rewarding gaming interaction for all to enjoy. In this new style of play, users are given the option to choose Advanced or Family Play when entering a game. Advanced users take complete control of all aspects of gameplay, while players who choose Family Play are given control of key actions on the Wii Remote™ – such as passing, snapping, and kicking – while letting the game’s AI control player movement.
Voting for the NCAA Football 09 Wii Cover Mascot Challenge will start on Thursday, February 14. By visiting www.ncaafootball09.com fans can cast one vote per day for their favorite college mascot until the contest closes on Thursday, March 6. The winning school’s mascot will be announced March 14 on the NCAA Football 09 website. NCAA Football 09 for the Nintendo Wii and PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system are produced by the Fusion development team at EA Canada in partnership with EA Tiburon. NCAA Football 09 for the PLAYSTATION 2 and PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 video game system from Microsoft gaming console are developed by EA Tiburon located in Orlando, Florida. For more information about NCAA Football 09 please visit www.ncaafootball09.com.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
d*v*'s * k*ll*r!

ThatCanadianGuy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 09 announced for Wii

It's being made by the Fusion development team at EA Canada, same people making the PSP version. I wouldn't get too excited.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

Will there be a way to transfer rosters via an SD card?
Old 02-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
Rookie

ps2gamer's Arena

OVR: 2
Smile Re: NCAA Football 09 announced for Wii

This is great news for me. I have been playing this series since the days on the Sega Genesis. I sold my 360 last year and got a Wii. I just assumed that this would be the end of NCAA Football for me. "Not so fast my friend!" Looks like I will be able to keep the streak alive. I hope we will be able to edit the rosters.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #5
Rookie

jaskerr's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCanadianGuy
It's being made by the Fusion development team at EA Canada, same people making the PSP version. I wouldn't get too excited.
I was worried about that as well, until I saw this from Bill Harris's blog at Dubious Quality: EA Sports O Canada. Now, I'm happy that the Wii and PSP versions are being developed in Canada.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
Rookie

jballa838's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskerr
I was worried about that as well, until I saw this from Bill Harris's blog at Dubious Quality: EA Sports O Canada. Now, I'm happy that the Wii and PSP versions are being developed in Canada.
In my homer opinion EA Canada > Tiburon or any other EA for that matter.
Look at the top 2 games created by EA Canada:
1. NHL 08
2. skate.
Those two were major canidates for GOTY IMO in a year with HALO, COD4, and Super Mario Galaxy.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838
In my homer opinion EA Canada > Tiburon or any other EA for that matter.
Look at the top 2 games created by EA Canada:
1. NHL 08
2. skate.
Those two were major canidates for GOTY IMO in a year with HALO, COD4, and Super Mario Galaxy.
I hope they build the 09 Wii game based off of the Xbox1 08 gameplay and graphics engine, rather than the 360 gameplay and graphics engine. I hope that the Wii game is a refined NCAA Football '08 for the Xbox1 with Wii-motion control and new Wii interface...
Old 02-28-2008, 09:19 AM   #8
Rookie

Gamecocks625's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2
I hope they build the 09 Wii game based off of the Xbox1 08 gameplay and graphics engine, rather than the 360 gameplay and graphics engine. I hope that the Wii game is a refined NCAA Football '08 for the Xbox1 with Wii-motion control and new Wii interface...
That's what it will likely be. Actually, it will probably be based off of the PS2 version but with a little more graphical polish if history is correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »