Home

09 Impact Players

This is a discussion on 09 Impact Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: 09 Impact Players

Virginia Cavaliers:

RB Cedric Peerman
RB Mikell Simpson
LB Clint Sintim
Old 02-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #18
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Texas:
QB Colt McCoy
WR Quan Cosby
LB Sergio Kindle
Old 02-27-2008, 09:16 PM   #19
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

UGA:

Offense:

RB: Knowshon Moreno
QB: Matt Stafford

Defense:

MLB: Danell Ellerbe
or
CB: Asher Allen
Old 02-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #20
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by granvilleberry
Pretty hard to never make an o-lineman an impact player when they already have. Can't remember which team, but I know for certain that there is at least one lineman that's "impact" this (Ncaa 2008/07 calendar) year and possibly last year. While EA is certainly slow to address anything involving lineman, slide blocking, zone blocking, and above all else the pulling guard that neither blocks nor appears to be literate. Linemen can be a tremendous impact on a game, take the Fiesta Bowl. Aside from the defensive losses to injury and, for one "special" guy... picking a fight with the Burlington Coat Factory, the poor play of Phil Loadholt really played into the 30 stack of WV and had a domino type of affect to the OU offense. No presence at left tackle? Take away one extra receiver as the back needs to block or the TE does, take away the counter and off tackles, take away the draw, think hard before calling any passing route designed to break a cover 3 or takes more than a 3 step drop. That'll earn you a sacking.
I'm not sure that an OL can be either. I'm pretty sure they said the OL would be the only position not included in Impact Players. Maybe someone else can help us out here.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:37 PM   #21
Rookie

Miami3344's Arena

OVR: 3

For the U...Man we are young!!! Ever had a true freshman as an impact player??

O-
G. Cooper (rb)
Marve (qb)

D-
Reddick (s)
moncur (de)

I don't know...we are so young...I don't know if we deserve one!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #22
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I'm not sure that an OL can be either. I'm pretty sure they said the OL would be the only position not included in Impact Players. Maybe someone else can help us out here.
I've played a lot of NCAA 08 (for 360) and 07 (for regular Xbox), and I never once saw an OL as an impact player... not saying it isn't there, but I've never seen it.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I've played a lot of NCAA 08 (for 360) and 07 (for regular Xbox), and I never once saw an OL as an impact player... not saying it isn't there, but I've never seen it.
Not trying to pick a fight or be a know it all, but I could have sworn I've seen a team with an olineman as an impact guy. The '07 disc is scratched beyond use, but I think it may have been Iowa's right tackle? I thought it may have been Auburn, but now I remember that the backup qb in '07 was the impact guy. If anyone still plays '07, check out Iowa. In any event, either I've gone totally senile (50 years ahead of schedule) or somebody has a offensive tackle that's an impact player.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:36 PM   #24
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by granvilleberry
Not trying to pick a fight or be a know it all, but I could have sworn I've seen a team with an olineman as an impact guy. The '07 disc is scratched beyond use, but I think it may have been Iowa's right tackle? I thought it may have been Auburn, but now I remember that the backup qb in '07 was the impact guy. If anyone still plays '07, check out Iowa. In any event, either I've gone totally senile (50 years ahead of schedule) or somebody has a offensive tackle that's an impact player.
It's no problem. No offense taken at all. I really think EA announced that OL wouldn't be included when Impact players were first introduced. I think you're talking about Robert Gallery of Iowa and Marcus McNeil of Auburn. They were dang good(Gallery went #2 in the draft, I think) but neither were Impact Players. If I didn't remember EA pointing that out when they released info about the Impact guys, I wouldn't have thought otherwise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »