Home

Had 5 fumbles at one point in the 2nd qtr...

This is a discussion on Had 5 fumbles at one point in the 2nd qtr... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #9
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Had 5 fumbles at one point in the 2nd qtr...

Yeah, I always feel like I can come back against the CPU, no matter what. Using Idaho, I was down by 17 points with 4 minutes left against Nevada and came back to win in OT. Was down by 24 points in the fourth quarter against Hawaii, nearly came back but failed on four tries from 1st & goal while down by 4 at the end.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 25

Here's one tip.. I hardly ever fumble. Use the protect ball button! That's RB on 360 (probably R1 on PS3?). Also, don't sprint unless you've found a hole... Sprinting increases the chance of fumbling by wearing out your back as well as not allowing your blocks to develop. And don't keep on using the highlight stick. That greatly increases the chance of a fumble.

My Teams: Green Bay Packers, Wisconsin Badgers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Brewers, Virginia Tech Hokies, Texas Longhorns, Houston Texans, Houston Rockets
Old 02-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #11
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

How about a tip on recovering the bastards! My guys just either run over it or put their hands down and come up empty handed. Not everytime, but I'm willing to bet someone else on OS here knows what I'm talking about.

Fortunately about %85 of them are reviewed and overturned. Good thing the booth reviews them b/c the game rarley gives me the opportunity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #12
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoshark
Here's one tip.. I hardly ever fumble. Use the protect ball button! That's RB on 360 (probably R1 on PS3?). Also, don't sprint unless you've found a hole... Sprinting increases the chance of fumbling by wearing out your back as well as not allowing your blocks to develop. And don't keep on using the highlight stick. That greatly increases the chance of a fumble.
Agreed. I don't fumble much either. Usually when I do, it's because they held my RB up and I let go of the protect ball button too early, and my guy lost it at the last second. I pretty much use the protect ball button every time I think I am going to get hit, unless I'm using a stiff-arm/juke/spin.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #13
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Angry Re: Had 5 fumbles at one point in the 2nd qtr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Fortunately about %85 of them are reviewed and overturned. Good thing the booth reviews them b/c the game rarley gives me the opportunity.
Man, do I hate that!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:43 AM   #14
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Don't get me started on that. I despise replay reviews in video football games. It might work in head to head, but against the CPU it never works. It is almost always predictable. In NCAA '08 it is the fumbles that get overturned. In NFL 2K5 it was the receiptions/fumbles that were overturned as incomplete.

Thankfully EA allows us to turn them off....oh wait, no they don't.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #15
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoshark
I'm still trying to make myself use the cover up button. I've done it some, but I use the juke way too much because I had to make myself over do it to get used to it.

I'm to the point where I just won the nat'l championship. I'm getting a little too good. I'm on Heisman and I'm gonna bump the sliders up, but I'm gonna have to tone down recruiting. Do you have any recruiting rules?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »