Home

Please fix the Ole Miss jerseys for '09

This is a discussion on Please fix the Ole Miss jerseys for '09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Please fix the Ole Miss jerseys for '09

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
yeah the jerseys were based off the 2006 season if you look at them. They are ugly. They really need to be fixed.
They've stayed a year behind since the game was on ps2. The blue that Tiburon uses is closer to royal blue. Our uni's are dark, navy blue. I think the university uses the lighter shade of blue for advertising and such but that's not the jersey color or actual school color. I've hardly, if ever, seen the players wear blue wrist bands and such. They are always white or red, with some occasionally wearing black. The font of the numbers have been wrong since the 2003 season or the 2004 game. I hope they get the names on the backs of jerseys and I hope they leave the laces black and don't look at a picture of last season and make them white.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #10
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I think someone in year's past said the SID played a hand in this. Maybe an email to Langston Rogers would help.
yea, if the unis are wrong, it ain't ea's fault. they get each school to send them a template for everything- jerseys, pants, socks, shoes, mascots, field paint, stadiums, fight songs, etc. if something in particular isn't in the game, the school didn't make ea aware of it.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
yea, if the unis are wrong, it ain't ea's fault. they get each school to send them a template for everything- jerseys, pants, socks, shoes, mascots, field paint, stadiums, fight songs, etc. if something in particular isn't in the game, the school didn't make ea aware of it.
Thanks for making that clear. I knew I heard it in the past but couldn't remember if I was right or not. I'm gonna try to email our SID. Thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #12
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
They've stayed a year behind since the game was on ps2. The blue that Tiburon uses is closer to royal blue. Our uni's are dark, navy blue. I think the university uses the lighter shade of blue for advertising and such but that's not the jersey color or actual school color. I've hardly, if ever, seen the players wear blue wrist bands and such. They are always white or red, with some occasionally wearing black. The font of the numbers have been wrong since the 2003 season or the 2004 game. I hope they get the names on the backs of jerseys and I hope they leave the laces black and don't look at a picture of last season and make them white.

yeah our jerseys pretty much went to crap when Coach O took over. He tried to hard to make them look like USC and he failed miserably. And I want the laces black too. Hell if they can't get th blue right, just put our red jerseys on there. And just put red numbers on our white jerseys.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #13
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
yeah our jerseys pretty much went to crap when Coach O took over. He tried to hard to make them look like USC and he failed miserably. And I want the laces black too. Hell if they can't get th blue right, just put our red jerseys on there. And just put red numbers on our white jerseys.
The jerseys looked fine on the ps2 version. The only problem was the style of font of numbers. The colors seemed right. The team color being navy and not red is what ticks me off. I guess that's what they went by because of our helmets and the number color on our white jerseys. I'm fine with the way the uni's are if we get the names back on and ditch the white laces. They look good on USC, just not us. I'd love the red/blue stripe on the pants instead of the blue/red/blue.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #14
Rookie

rebelfan10's Arena

OVR: 7

Word is out of Oxford that coach Nutt may change the helmet color to a lighter shade of blue and allow the seniors to put there own "stamp" on the uniforms and it may be mid-summer by the time that happens. This was something that Nutt let his seniors do at Arkansas, it may have been wear all white or put Arkansas accross the front of the jersey or no strip on the helmet but the seniors got to have input.

The Sports Technology Blog
http://sports-tech.blogspot.com/
Old 03-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #15
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelfan10
Word is out of Oxford that coach Nutt may change the helmet color to a lighter shade of blue and allow the seniors to put there own "stamp" on the uniforms and it may be mid-summer by the time that happens. This was something that Nutt let his seniors do at Arkansas, it may have been wear all white or put Arkansas accross the front of the jersey or no strip on the helmet but the seniors got to have input.

The Sports Technology Blog
http://sports-tech.blogspot.com/

Well they already changed our colors for this upcoming year. Read that on a Rivals story. It is going to be about the same color as the 03 season, maybe a tad bit darker.

And what do you mean by putting their own stamp on it? You mean giving their advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #16
stewaat

OVR:

There's no way they get this stuff accurate. Jerseys change way too much and they take forever to fix jersey issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »