Home

Little Things

This is a discussion on Little Things within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #17
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Little Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdog
They haven't had facemask penalties for the last two years. What makes anyone think they care about visors or tape? I tried to be optimistic about this game last year, but this year it is just to hard to even try. I don't think this game will play a decent game of football, let alone have the "little things." Don't get me wrong, I want this game to be great, I just don't think it will be. Maybe two years from now, but there is just too much that is broken for it to be fixed this year.
I don't blame you one bit. Deep down, under this initial excitement, I'm just a cold, miserable person. haha. I know what you mean and I'm sure others do as well. No harm.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

I think we should compile a list of features that were in certain games and the year they were taken out. For instance, taunting has been taken out, when I play NCAA 06 I taunt all the time if I have enough field.

Thinks I want to see as far as details go....
Player Interaction - Helping guys get up, chatting after a playing, jawwing between rival players after a big play, new and more varied celebrations (the jumping side bump is extremely popular, it needs to be in there)

Sidelines - Coaches doing stuffing, coordinators maybe even calling plays, TV crew for broadcast games, players reacting to what happens on field, players warming up, the punt team coming on the field on 4th down
Old 03-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #19
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I want to see late hits called. I get tired of being slammed out of bounds and no late hit is called.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

late hits is a must..if ppl play overly aggressive they should be penalized
Old 03-19-2008, 10:58 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

A few more
DBs slip in coverage and fall down. This wouldn't happen every game (it could happen a couple times if it was rainy) and would be rare. And if EA put this into the game don't do what you normally do and add one animation and say problem solved, add like a bunch of animations they wouldn't be hard to do and there could be an animation where the db slips and falls down and just trips the reciever so there isn't a touchdown. Also if a defender does fall donw have the replay go back and like on espn have herbstreit sya something about it and maybe even circle it with the yellow lines on the screen.

Hand towels, lots of different lengths and places to put them. Sometimes the gaurd wears one and the quarterback comes up and wipes his hands on the guards towel.

And when the qb comes up to line don't have him do the exact same get under center animation. Have a bunch of different ones like pointing at stuff. Or if he is a cocky qb have him say something to to a linebacker. Same with all the positions. Like wr could stretch the quads or hop upo and town or tug at the gloves. If every position had 15 different animations to get set the game would look so much more varied and life like. It's so stale and non life like when all the players in the game run and move and line up the same way.

Different running animations

Make the players come out of the stances like real football players. All the players stand straight up and then do what they need to do. This is most obvious with the fullback and lineman.

This isn't really a little thing, more of a feature, but think if they added the stadium entrances like South Caolina's 2001 entrance, Notre Dame touching the sign etc. But for those schools that didn't have a classic entrance or for your created schools you could have custon entances. Import music to xbox 360 and tell where the music started and stopped and when the players ran out. Whether the players ran walked, holded hands, locked arms. There are lots of different options.

Bottom line - make this game fell like you put effort into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #22
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Although you mention some good stuff. I'd much more appreciate if they could just get the X's & O's right first. They need to dedicate 1 full year to just totally focus on gameplay. And getting that close to perfect.

Then everything after that would be iceing on the cake. But what good is all this stuff if the gameplay still whacked out?
Yeah, but aren't there different departments on the development team? Isn't there a group of folks that work on the core mechanics of the gameplay, but then you would have a different group of artists that deal with just the visuals and cutscenes?
Old 05-19-2008, 01:21 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Bump
Old 05-19-2008, 02:22 AM   #24
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

The only penalties I ever come across are ball kicked out of bounds on kick off, clipping, off-sides, and pass interference. I dont get why they dont call any other penalties considering there are late hits, roughing the passer, facemask, and many other penalties

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »