Home

Tedious things that you do (because that's how you like it!)

This is a discussion on Tedious things that you do (because that's how you like it!) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Tedious things that you do (because that's how you like it!)

When I play NCAA, I put my fair share of time into each game! Some of the things I like to do, even though they are tedious, include:
  • Against the CPU, I check out the opponent's injuries and entire starting lineup to look for good and bad matchups. (I would do this online too, except that it takes too long.)
  • In online games, I will make a few minor depth chart adjustments at the start of the game to get the players I want in there.
  • Save the game after pretty much anything significant happens.
  • Do all 10 of the recruiting hours myself, every week.
  • Double-check that recruiting for the week is finished before I play a game, even though it takes about 10 seconds to load the recruiting page and go back to the main page.
  • Keep track of my current roster on paper so that I make sure I prioritize my recruiting efforts properly.
  • Save close to 10 photos and 5 videos for the biggest dynasty games (3-4 games a season)
  • In dynasty, I used to manually sub in many of the young players that I wanted to get more playing time. But I finally started using packages, and stopped manually subbing guys, instead relying on packages and auto-subs.
What do you guys do that is probably a waste of time but is just the way you like to do things? Let's hear it!

Last edited by TrevJo; 03-17-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Tedious things that you do (because that's how you like it!)

Playing dynasty, checking out the cpu's depth chart and injuries (don't forget suspensions) is a MUST IMHO. I can't just play blind. It takes a little over an hour to play a 7 min. qtr game, but with looking at the matchups, replays, stats at HT and at the end of game, it usually ends up taking nearly two hours. I wish I could do it all in an hour, but I usually play when the rest of the house is asleep so I just take my time.

I'm just glad I don't need more than 5-6 hours of sleep per night. If I needed 8-9 like the wife, I'd never get to play.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
stewaat

OVR:

I really wish I could get 5-6 hours of sleep, it's such a waste of time.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I always look at the opponents roster and depth chart. I look for matchups and weakness is secondary, etc...

Every fall stores put the little one subject notebooks on sale for 10 for 1$ or something like that. I always pick up a pack to keep track of things like my depth chart and recruiting, etc... I will write down certain stats at the end of the season and the career stats of the players leaving to keep records. I mix simming and playing and try to get deep into a dynasty with one team. I enjoy looking after many seasons and seeing the career stat leaders.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #5
Rookie

rebelfan10's Arena

OVR: 7

Would you like to be able to do this all online at your computer? I would really enjoy being able to do all of these things at my office while on the phone or while waiting on computer processes. I have 30 minutes to an hour a day of dead time due to waiting on processes to complete. If you have not read my article about managing a dynasty it talks about the little things we all do between games, let me know your feedback.

http://sports-tech.blogspot.com/2008...producers.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Before the start of every season, I go into "formation subs" and make sure ALL of my backups are in at least 1 formation in my playbook (offense and defense), that way they get some P.T. I also do not play any of my starters on special teams, all backups. This process takes me a very long time, and it is very tedious, but I like doing this.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelfan10
Would you like to be able to do this all online at your computer? I would really enjoy being able to do all of these things at my office while on the phone or while waiting on computer processes. I have 30 minutes to an hour a day of dead time due to waiting on processes to complete. If you have not read my article about managing a dynasty it talks about the little things we all do between games, let me know your feedback.

http://sports-tech.blogspot.com/2008...producers.html
That's a great idea. Why could we not? Are you talking about having online franchises where multiple users could be in the same franchise?
Old 03-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #8
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Well, first off, I do very detailed dynasty reports over at MM. I type out all the stats for my team and the other team, do at least 10 screenshots from every game, write lengthy game reports, take down all the All-American teams, etc., etc., etc., etc.

One thing I have promised myself I will do when I start my next season is remove all of those illegal black visors from every team I play. I'm sick of seeing them. Of course, I've started doing it before and got tired of doing it. I'm always excited to start a new season. In next-gen, if you go in and edit rosters after you set your depth chart, the depth chart gets screwed up. Thanks, EA. Give us illegal visors, then make it so everything gets screwed up when you edit them after the season begins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »