Home

First in-game footage

This is a discussion on First in-game footage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2008, 08:57 PM   #9
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: First in-game footage

everyone is running constipated still
Old 03-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Damn... that'll really ruin the gameplay, huh?

Just playing... I just think it's funny that those are really the things that people look for.
After so many years on next gen, those things should be in the game. The moves looked really good IMO tho. Still seems like it lacks those little things to take it to the next level. It's early tho.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 21

Player proportions are better, and the new juke system looks nice. Still seems like there isn't much going on from a physics standpoint which is going to ruin it if that's the case. Players still move weird and are still humpbacked - just doesn't look natural at all. And the game will still have poor throwing anims...?

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #12
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I guess, "Work in progress" means nothing.

Not saying that the things that were mentioned will be in the game, but to say that they aren't just because of what was seen in a 30 second video seems as though we are jumping the gun a little bit. Its a beta version of the game that is put out to only showcase one certain aspect of the game and nothing more.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I guess, "Work in progress" means nothing.

Not saying that the things that were mentioned will be in the game, but to say that they aren't just because of what was seen in a 30 second video seems as though we are jumping the gun a little bit. Its a beta version of the game that is put out to only showcase one certain aspect of the game and nothing more.
This game have around 90 days left in development. The game we see is usually the game we get. This is true with most games.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:37 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Im not buying this unless it improves dramatically.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:44 PM   #15
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Is still just doesn't "flow" like football to me. I guess EA just don't get it. They always look so hunched over and stiff, and it doesn't seem to be something they're trying to improve. Something about it just looks so awkward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
This game have around 90 days left in development. The game we see is usually the game we get. This is true with most games.
I understand that, but what I am getting at is that you have no idea from what "build" this video is from. It seems as though it was only put out to showcase the new juke sticks and thats it. Nothing really more can really be gathered from the video, player models maybe.

Again, I am not saying that the little intangibles that we are all clamouring for will be in the game, but to completely right off a game or to state that this aspect of the game is missing and that aspect of the game needs to be improved from a 30 second video just seems to be hasty judgment in my opinion.

I understand that EA has left a bitter taste in many people's mouth, but it seems to me that no matter what they do, they can never regain that "lost" fanbase back because they are scrutinized down to every little minute detail and this thread and the others above and below it are showing that. It seems as EA has to deliver "perfection" or be considered a failure and resting on their laurels.

I agree that the bugs from last year made the game darn near unplayable and for some made it unplayable on next-gen, myself included. After playing the PS3 version for about a month, I decided to play the PS2 version because it had so many little things that really brought the college atmosphere alive and didn't have that dreaded turnover bug. But, I am not going to write off the next installment of the game after reading a couple of previews that mention a few of the features or after watching a couple of 30 second video clips of the game in motion.

Now, bring on the to tell me how wrong I am.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 03-30-2008 at 11:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »