Home

"1-4 player offline co-op" and "post play continuation"-what are these?

This is a discussion on "1-4 player offline co-op" and "post play continuation"-what are these? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2008, 01:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
"1-4 player offline co-op" and "post play continuation"-what are these?

??????? I think we will not know what post play continuation is until ea tells us, but does anyone know what "1-4 player offline co-op" is? Have you ever played another game that had this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2008, 04:03 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: "1-4 player offline co-op" and "post play continuation"-what are these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldparr
??????? I think we will not know what post play continuation is until ea tells us, but does anyone know what "1-4 player offline co-op" is? Have you ever played another game that had this?
I just hope EA gets their act together on the Wii and bring the old gameplay of the Xbox1 to the Wii. I have pretty much given up on 360 and PS3 versions of this game.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:09 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
I think 1-4 player offline co-op is probably a strategic way to play co-op on the same team. Like maybe player 1 is the QB, player 2 is the RB, player 3 is the WR, and player 4 is either another WR, a TE, or a member of the offensive line. If you set it to the O-line, you'd only be able to switch players between the offensive line or something. I'm just hypothesizing here.

If there is no position lock for multiple users, then when there is a long play, you have each player switching players randomly, and it would be hard to know who each player is controlling. If a player was locked on to a position, then you'd know which players you could switch to when switching players prior to the play or (and more importantly) post-snap.

It's hopefully a way to position-lock users in the way similar to how CollegeHoops2k4-2k6 on PS2 / Xbox1 used to have. It's inherently different since there are sometimes multiple players with the same position on offense, but it could be the same principle.

Also, I hope you could do the same thing for defense. Like one user would set that he is controlling the QB position on offense and the hero / safety position on defense or something.

I'd like to have that player-lock interface in all versions of the game.

Last edited by PSU_DW2; 04-03-2008 at 04:15 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:13 AM   #4
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
does anyone know what "1-4 player offline co-op" is? Have you ever played another game that had this?

The EASports games of last-gen had 1-4 player co-op where you and your friends could play together simultaneously on the same console.

Me and my boys would play franchise mode games with all of us on the same team. There were four of us and it was fun when we all chose a position and tried to work together to beat the CPU...I'm looking forward to re-visiting that experience.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:24 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
The EASports games of last-gen had 1-4 player co-op where you and your friends could play together simultaneously on the same console.

Me and my boys would play franchise mode games with all of us on the same team. There were four of us and it was fun when we all chose a position and tried to work together to beat the CPU...I'm looking forward to re-visiting that experience.
Oh now we did multiplayer dynasties too back a few years ago, but switching players post play was always an issue. (see my second posting)

It was a lot of fun, I just wish there was the player lock like I suggested in my second post above.

I'd always loved blocking in NCAA. That was the best part about multiplayer co-op. I hope there is a way to do 2 on 2 games where 1 person controls the QB, RB, WR, and TEs and the other player always controls the tackles, centers, and guards. They can block defenders trying to sack the QB or pave the way for running back lanes. It adds a whole other dimension to the game with user blocking. On defense, you could have one player play the D-line and LB, and the other play the safeties and CB. Or if you wanted to only control the D-line and have the other player control the linebackers safeties and CBs, you should be able to set that too. I doubt EA will put that much work into switching player limits, but it would be nice.

I just hope there is some nice two vs. two multiplayer with easy blocking. How cool would it be to take the tackle and try to time your movement off the line with the snap. If you move the left analog stick too quickly, you'd false start!

If it's a pass, you'd have to push down on the left analog stick. If it was a run, you'd probably want to push up or up and to the left or right to put his head down and pave the way for the running back.

I hope there is an option to play with the gamecube controller on the Wii so if you don't like the Wii controls you can still play it like it was on the old gamecube before the gamecube NCAA games were discontinued...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2008, 04:42 AM   #6
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2
Oh now we did multiplayer dynasties too back a few years ago, but switching players post play was always an issue. (see my second posting)

It was a lot of fun, I just wish there was the player lock like I suggested in my second post above.
Player-lock was in the last-gen games so it wasn't necessary to re-select the player you wanted to be every play. Plus you could play any position on the field, I'd usually be the QB, one of them would be a HB, and the other two chose a WR, and on D it was a heck of a challenge being a CB and trying to cover top-flight WR's, which is why I usually was one of the safties...

A lot of good times were had in co-op mode...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:55 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Player-lock was in the last-gen games so it wasn't necessary to re-select the player you wanted to be every play. Plus you could play any position on the field, I'd usually be the QB, one of them would be a HB, and the other two chose a WR, and on D it was a heck of a challenge being a CB and trying to cover top-flight WR's, which is why I usually was one of the safties...

A lot of good times were had in co-op mode...
Yeah Classic Camera made it a lot easier to cover top-flight WRs. And a widescreen 16:9 display helped. I hope the Classic Camera and the camera interface pulls through to the Wii version from the Xbox1.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
This means that you maintain control of your player even after the whistle blows to end the play. At least that is how I interpreted it when i read that in the features list.

This would open up the possibility of late hits and maybe even user controlled celebrations and taunts...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »