Home

Dont fall for the HYPE!!!

This is a discussion on Dont fall for the HYPE!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Dont fall for the HYPE!!!

The list of new features is nice, but, IMO 08 was such a horrible game, that more needs to be done than all of those little tweaks. Hopefully at some point they will announce a new graphics engine. If they can't make the game play next-gen, at least it can look pretty...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #66
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
i am not here to try and change people's mind, i am simply trying to understand what it is going to take, for you to stop buying an inferior product? thats all...
but what you don't seem to understand is that some of us don't view NCAA or ,Madden for that matter, as an inferior product.

Quote:
i know the die hards will buy whatever ea puts out, and that does bother me, for the simple fact that those people, are the reason, 2k football does not exist... if all those sheep had not bought this crappy game every year, then the better game maker, would still be making football games...
the reason 2k doesn't exist is because the NFL offered up the license and EA outbid 2k. Can't fault EA for running a company better and having deeper pockets.

Quote:
just look at the games they both make... nba, college hoops, nfl (2k5), all of these titles are better then the counter part made by ea... and dont even bring up hockey, cuz, frankly, nobody really cares about hockey anyway...
NBA and College Hoops I'll agree with you. NFL its a push in my opinion, and people do care about hockey and a majority of them prefer EA's brand.

Quote:
also, you mentioned something about madden being the "best selling game" every year, well, if i am not mistaken, when nfl 2k5 came out and sold for 20 bucks, i believe they took a big chunk out of ea's market share for that season... people were starting to realize that the could get a better product for a 1/3 of the price... however, big bad ea had to put a stop to that...
while it may have taken a chunk out of EA's sells, they were still the top selling pro football game, right?

Quote:
everything they do is a gimmick, nothing actually affects the gameplay... QB vision? Lead Blocking? Playmaker? Tony Bruno Show? are you serious... c'mon, you cant really tell me that you enjoyed those crappy features...
actually yes, I do/did enjoy those features.

Quote:
at this point it really doesnt matter what you do with your hard earned money, because ea is about to buy 2k outright anyway... so, when every sports game we all own is a ea sports game with no comp, lets see how happy you are...
I will be very happy.

Quote:
baaa baaa baaa
Please, lose the insults. They're not necessary.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-10-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:03 PM   #67
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
just one more thought....
You're still going??

Quote:
did any of you make it to a bowl game with your team last year??? i did, and i dont know if i had a bad disc or what, but for some reason, there was no names in the endzones??? hmmm... i havn't really heard if that happen to anyone else...???
yes it did happen and its annoying as many on the boards, myself included, have stated. But you already knew that didn't you

Quote:
also, were any of you guys able to do formation specific substitutions? for some reason when i tried to do that it just wouldnt work... i would actually need to adjust my depth chart...
again, noted on the boards as something that needs to be fixed. I can't believe you never mentioned these before..

Quote:
oh god, dont even get me started on the depth chart... how many times did you see your starting QB playing FS? lmao, i got a pick with J.D.Booty one time, hilarious...
this, I didn't see.

Quote:
did you guys here about that rule that was passed for ncaa football players, you know, the one that says the players are not aloud to wear dark, or colored visors... yeah that one, well, on my game, half of my roster has guys with black visors...??? shouldnt the visors be clear?
its spelled "hear" but anyways.... yes they should be clear. Again another annoying glitch/bug.

Quote:
how many times did your teams award decals cover your teams helmet stripe... lmao, georgia, ohio state, man, those helmets look stupid... lol....
didn't see this either, but I play as UofL and we dont' have pride stickers...

Quote:
FCS Midwest? wtf is that, no Div 1-AA teams? no app st??? really??? wow...
nope, not in the game.

Quote:
get the picture yet? all these little things NEED to be in this years game... It is unacceptable not to have simple features like these...
agreed.

Quote:
btw, i dont bash everything ea makes, the sims is a great game... o wait, they simply bought that from maxis and stamped a big ole, EA logo on it... I LOVE IT...
ummmm.....I think you just bashed EA again...

Quote:
Have any of you guys ever played the sims 2??? well, something hilarious to me happens when you first boot up the game... it goes through the opening credits, and then a Big EA logo appears, and then a voice wispers...

"Challenge EVERYTHING"... Seriously, all hating aside, how funny is that statement...
nope, I don't play the Sims games..sorry.

You can be a smartass all you want, call me a sheep, insult me to your little heart's content, but at the end of the day..uhh.. I mean on July 15th, I will have my copy of NCAA '09 and will play the game up until baseball season starts up again, and I will enjoy every minute of it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #68
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
i am not here to try and change people's mind, i am simply trying to understand what it is going to take, for you to stop buying an inferior product? thats all...

i know the die hards will buy whatever ea puts out, and that does bother me, for the simple fact that those people, are the reason, 2k football does not exist... if all those sheep had not bought this crappy game every year, then the better game maker, would still be making football games...

To simply say that EA's game is inferior and all that buy it are sheep and/or don't know football just makes you a prejudiced fanboy. There is a difference between opinion and fact.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:15 PM   #69
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

I do wish EA would say something about the stadiums because didn't they have quite a few to go. Can't remember, it's been a while since I played 08, but wasn't there at least 20 or 30 teams still with generic stadiums?

I also wish they get Div 1AA teams in the game (at least by name only) because I also hate playing D1AA Southeast (I usually always change it to some nobody Div 1A school on my schedule).
Old 04-11-2008, 12:38 AM   #70
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
or buy the game used, so EA does not get all your cash for creating ****... thats it.... thats all im here to do...

think, before you buy...

Unless you are buying it directly from EA, they are not getting your money. The retailers are. The retailers have already paid EA. EA could care less if you buy it new or used. Now granted, in some of the purchasing agreements, product can be returned in original packaging for credit on future purchases but EA, and any other vendor, covers their bases to ensure they still turn more than they take back. Now if you organize a mass boycott, it would certainly cause the retailers to not buy as many from EA the next year, but if you believe that is going to happen, then keep dreaming the dream.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:00 AM   #71
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

just look at the games they both make... nba, college hoops, nfl (2k5), all of these titles are better then the counter part made by ea... and dont even bring up hockey, cuz, frankly, nobody really cares about hockey anyway...

also, you mentioned something about madden being the "best selling game" every year, well, if i am not mistaken, when nfl 2k5 came out and sold for 20 bucks, i believe they took a big chunk out of ea's market share for that season... people were starting to realize that the could get a better product for a 1/3 of the price... however, big bad ea had to put a stop to that...

everything they do is a gimmick, nothing actually affects the gameplay... QB vision? Lead Blocking? Playmaker? Tony Bruno Show? are you serious... c'mon, you cant really tell me that you enjoyed those crappy features...

at this point it really doesnt matter what you do with your hard earned money, because ea is about to buy 2k outright anyway... so, when every sports game we all own is a ea sports game with no comp, lets see how happy you are...

baaa baaa baaa
You say you aren't here to change people's minds, but then you write 5 paragraphs attempting to do just that.

You're like the religious extremists of the video game world. Your preferences and beliefs are somehow the only right ones, and anyone who disagrees has something wrong with them.

You're every bit as bad as the EA fanboys out there. In some ways worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2008, 01:18 AM   #72
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
You're 60 posts give you great credibility.
Yet the OP's original post is 100% on the money...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »