Home

STILL NO REFS ON THE FIELD!!!!

This is a discussion on STILL NO REFS ON THE FIELD!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #193
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: STILL NO REFS ON THE FIELD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Thats what i don't get. EA has had the ESPN License for what, 2-3 years now, and so far all we got from it is the ESPN.com page,which just replaced the SI Magazine Feature NCAA already had, and the real life ESPN media stuff like ESPN radio segments. as far as i can remember there is no mention of ESPN while on the field at all. I would have figured by now ESPN would have been plastered all over the place, but i guess that wasn't part of the deal.
Why buy the license if you don't use it? I mean especially NCAA where you had Kirk, Lee and Nessler in the game for PS2...That's the kind of stuff that makes me shrug my shoulders. The same would be for NBA2k if they had the rights to their announcers and Craig Sager and just left it out after they bought the rights.

Last edited by umd; 04-22-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:53 PM   #194
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I think it comes from being here and knowing the players. It's really not that difficult to see what's what.
Well, I haven't been here as long as you. To help me understand, can you give me something else besides you just know? A link to a post, user name, more of an explaination... If it's not that difficult to see, I imagine it's not that difficult to point out. I assume you feel that way about folks in this post. I know it's 20 pages, but give me an example.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #195
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That is blind hate for many since the hate stems from the original license deal which was over three years ago. The NFL deserves at least as much blame for that. For some people, there is no time limit on hate.
Or maybe think that it is pretty freakin' ridiculous that they cannot put refs in this game!

And it's not just about refs.....that's what you are missing. It's about the general lack of immersion/interaction/life that EA football shows. The lack of referees are just a byproduct of that problem.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #196
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

this thread has gone quickly from being a discussion about the lack of referrees to just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »