Home

TD Celebrations

This is a discussion on TD Celebrations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #9
Rookie

mike1409's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: TD Celebrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
Does anyone know what the most common TD celebration is in college football?

Its the team celebration...Mainly when the guy who scores runs up and does a big body bump in the air with a teamate. Sometimes a group of 3 will do it, or he'll do it with a few different teamates. Where is that at in this game?

I don't want to celebrate with a mascot because it looks stupid and its unrealistic. College coaches don't want to see there players over there playing with mascots after they score. After every TD there should be a team celebration with all the guys at least going over and patting the guy on his helmet or something like that. Only if he scores from 80 yards out and no one else is around is when he should be goofing off with the mascot and stuff.

Anyone else agree...?

Agreed!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:05 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
Does anyone know what the most common TD celebration is in college football?

Its the team celebration...Mainly when the guy who scores runs up and does a big body bump in the air with a teamate. Sometimes a group of 3 will do it, or he'll do it with a few different teamates. Where is that at in this game?

I don't want to celebrate with a mascot because it looks stupid and its unrealistic. College coaches don't want to see there players over there playing with mascots after they score. After every TD there should be a team celebration with all the guys at least going over and patting the guy on his helmet or something like that. Only if he scores from 80 yards out and no one else is around is when he should be goofing off with the mascot and stuff.

Anyone else agree...?
Yep. It is done on rare occasions. Perhaps game winning TD or something people celebrate with the mascots. The trend from the EA devs is to take something that is "quasi-over the top" and try to make it "simlike." Just doesn't work.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #11
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Gamespot's gameplay vid from last week's PS3 cover event in NYC had exactly that sort of celebration. Tim Tebow ran for a td, and then celebrated by leaping into the arms of an o-lineman.
Actually, Tebow jumped up and Harvin picked him up like an OL. I like the celebration because you do see that a lot. Well, not a WR picking up a QB, but you catch my drift.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2008, 11:56 PM   #12
Rookie

oklahoma19's Arena

OVR: 3

I think that the sideways high five (jumping and hitting backs and hips) would be a nice addition... thats the most popular celebration in all sports right now.. basketball, football, etc
Old 05-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #13
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahoma19
I think that the sideways high five (jumping and hitting backs and hips) would be a nice addition... thats the most popular celebration in all sports right now.. basketball, football, etc
. NBA 2k8 has it.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-04-2008, 01:40 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

Icky Shuffle baby!
Old 05-04-2008, 01:59 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Why can't EA get the basics right? College football is all ABOUT team and they have never had that in the game correctly, next-gen or previous gen either one.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2008, 03:57 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

I'd prefer to see shots of the coach on the sideline instead of the cheerleaders.

waitaminute...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »