Home

EA --- please listen --- coaching contracts

This is a discussion on EA --- please listen --- coaching contracts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
EA --- please listen --- coaching contracts

Every year I play the game in dynasty. After three or four seasons the game gets easier and easier. By the fourth season, I am on heisman with sliders completely maxed for the cpu and to almost zero for the human on all categories. I also start changing the rosters to completely jack up the main teams in the specific conference im playing (USC for instance would have around 20-30 players at 97 or higher, and I make the jacked up teams extremely fast... I would do the same with Cal, Oregon, ASU, etc.). For me, the best part of playing is the challenge. I would rather be a team like Arizona or Washington in the PAC 10 and play against a very difficult schedule than spend my dynasties going 46-2 and winning 5 NCs in a row. I find no joy in routing the cpu every game.

NOW THE PROBLEM --- EA doesnt give you a realistic chance to build a program at these lesser schools. I shouldnt be able to go 10-2 with Arizona in year 1 of a dynasty. I would rather be 4-8 to 7-5 and then build from there. Under the current coaching contracts system with EA, soemtimes you get fired with a 4-8 or 5-7 record (even at a school like Arizona). There is no chance to build the program. No matter what, I think you should get the three years of contract to evaluate the rise or fall of your team. Getting fired after Year 1 is rediculous. I see this happen especially when I play in the SEC. I will play at a school like Ole Miss or Miss St. against a jacked up SEC. Its extremely difficult to go 6-6 and get bowl eligible in year one. But if i dont hit the break even mark I get fired. ... Pretty unrealistic as a lesser-accomplished program.

I would recommend giving the three years no matter what, or at least being able to turn off the coach termination.

Just my two cents

Last edited by nvlawguy; 05-05-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
Banned

PENAPENA's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA --- please listen --- coaching contracts

That is a very good idea, no point in trying seeing as I'm fired after the first season.

More of a reason to challenge myself.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Not sure if it still happens but I remember getting screwed once because I had built my team up to 6* prestige and during the last year of my contract I lost enough games to drop down to 5* prestige. Of course the game read it as me losing prestige and fired me.

My Video Game Streams
Old 05-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

completely agree. Coaching contracts are busted imo. I usually just turn them off, which in my opinion takes away from the realism.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
Not sure if it still happens but I remember getting screwed once because I had built my team up to 6* prestige and during the last year of my contract I lost enough games to drop down to 5* prestige. Of course the game read it as me losing prestige and fired me.
Yeah, that's total crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »