Home

Question about penalties

This is a discussion on Question about penalties within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Question about penalties

Has anyone heard if is a realistic amount, or if the sliders will allow you to increase them. Last year there were so few. EA has a history of sliders that do nothing. I would rather have sliders that work then the ability to play as a mascot. WOW. Just what we have been asking for for years.....LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Question about penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
Has anyone heard if is a realistic amount, or if the sliders will allow you to increase them. Last year there were so few. EA has a history of sliders that do nothing. I would rather have sliders that work then the ability to play as a mascot. WOW. Just what we have been asking for for years.....LOL
well we know unsportsmanlike conduct(excessive celebrations, etc.) and face mask penalties are back. but i haven't seen anything on if they are rare or abundant.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

this is a question that more than likely won't be answered until us players get a chance to play the game and report back.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-08-2008, 03:26 AM   #4
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

The fact that no facemask penalties were called on last year's game was ridiculous. That's the type of thing that pisses me off most. It could not have been an oversight...just one of those things EA didnt care to fix before releasing. I dont want this to turn into a rant, but errors like that should NEVER be included in a final product. Hopefully they can get it right this year.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:15 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311
The fact that no facemask penalties were called on last year's game was ridiculous. That's the type of thing that pisses me off most. It could not have been an oversight...just one of those things EA didnt care to fix before releasing. I dont want this to turn into a rant, but errors like that should NEVER be included in a final product. Hopefully they can get it right this year.
This is my point about having sliders that WORK. I am always shocked by how year after year the sliders have little or know affect and yet do NOTHING to fix them. Adjusting a penalty slider last year did nothing. It made no difference which way or how far you moved it, it did nothing. What's the point of having them ea. See why we need computation ?.............
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Penalties have been increased per Pastapadre's impressions:

"Penalties play a more significant role this year. If you watch the replays you can even see the holding which generally proved to be the right calls. LG #75 on UCLA was the biggest culprit we saw as he held three times in a single game. Also seen were pass interference, facemasks, offsides, and roughing the passer (see later in the write-up for more on roughing)."

http://www.pastapadre.com/2549/ncaa-...-one#more-2549

As for the people saying EA's sliders don't work, I don't understand that. Yes the penalty slider was broken. I will also agree that the INT slider should have been more exaggerated but what else?

Dbrandon, you have spent a lot of time complaining about this and other things but never answer the questions I've asked you about it. I've asked you what difficulty level you play on and your slider settings based on some of your complaints and yet you never answer. Is it so hard to answer questions, particularly when you were starting the threads that I've responded in?

You've contradicted yourself a little in some of your threads as you've stated you play on AA (where you can stuff the run easily) and then in another say its too easy on Heisman no matter what. The blocking, tackling, knockdown and awareness sliders all have a big effect on the game. Just because the penalty slider is broken doesn't mean all sliders don't do anything. I find it hard to believe that Heisman wouldn't provide a challenge with slider adjustments for even the best players on this board.

Link to where you say you can stop any rushing attack on Heisman: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...l-ea-ever.html (I find it hard to believe nobody could run on you if you adjusted sliders).

Here you say you play on AA which is what I find contradictory: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-question.html

Another quote from you bashing NCAA '09: "Totally overrated. Looks and seems to be a 5 dollar update at best. This series and Madden need a total redo twenty years is really showing. I'm sorry for saying this but it doesn't seem like ea puts much effort into either of these games. Why have sliders if they don't make a HUGE difference in how a game plays."
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038333153

It seems to me you are just creating stuff on the forums to bash a game you've never played. You've repeated the same arguments without answering any questions on them. Could you at least respond as to what level you play on and your sliders? Do you even own NCAA '08?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #7
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Should have played the PS2 Version. In my current season with PSU I lead the Big10 in Penalties. Against Purdue I had 11 in a 26-7 Loss. The next game against Temple only had 5.

I have come to the conclusion that on the O-line the Awareness really comes into play as far as Penalties go. So you basically choose between Penalties or Sack opportunites for the opponent. You also have less holding calls if you stay in the pocket, IMO.

PS2 Verison of NCAA 08 is IMO the best version I have played. I am 7-4 with the Michigan State game all that is left. I have never had 4 losses in a season with PSU on any NCAA games. Even 04 which was great I won the NC in my second season.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Penalties have been increased per Pastapadre's impressions:

"Penalties play a more significant role this year. If you watch the replays you can even see the holding which generally proved to be the right calls. LG #75 on UCLA was the biggest culprit we saw as he held three times in a single game. Also seen were pass interference, facemasks, offsides, and roughing the passer (see later in the write-up for more on roughing)."

http://www.pastapadre.com/2549/ncaa-...-one#more-2549

As for the people saying EA's sliders don't work, I don't understand that. Yes the penalty slider was broken. I will also agree that the INT slider should have been more exaggerated but what else?

Dbrandon, you have spent a lot of time complaining about this and other things but never answer the questions I've asked you about it. I've asked you what difficulty level you play on and your slider settings based on some of your complaints and yet you never answer. Is it so hard to answer questions, particularly when you were starting the threads that I've responded in?

You've contradicted yourself a little in some of your threads as you've stated you play on AA (where you can stuff the run easily) and then in another say its too easy on Heisman no matter what. The blocking, tackling, knockdown and awareness sliders all have a big effect on the game. Just because the penalty slider is broken doesn't mean all sliders don't do anything. I find it hard to believe that Heisman wouldn't provide a challenge with slider adjustments for even the best players on this board.

Link to where you say you can stop any rushing attack on Heisman: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...l-ea-ever.html (I find it hard to believe nobody could run on you if you adjusted sliders).

Here you say you play on AA which is what I find contradictory: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-question.html

Another quote from you bashing NCAA '09: "Totally overrated. Looks and seems to be a 5 dollar update at best. This series and Madden need a total redo twenty years is really showing. I'm sorry for saying this but it doesn't seem like ea puts much effort into either of these games. Why have sliders if they don't make a HUGE difference in how a game plays."
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038333153

It seems to me you are just creating stuff on the forums to bash a game you've never played. You've repeated the same arguments without answering any questions on them. Could you at least respond as to what level you play on and your sliders? Do you even own NCAA '08?

Yes sir I can answer your questions. I play on both AA and Heisman and I am saying no matter what I do with the sliders the CPU can't run the ball against me. I'm sorry If you don't agree and yes I sure do blast ea because I think they could do a lot better than they have. I am sorry if you don't agree - that's fine. Does it mean I am not allowed my opinions? I do know that I think that the gameplay and sliders need lots more work and are far more important to me then playing as a mascot. I think if you max out a slider then it should be near impossible to stop the intended action. The other thing I don't understand is if there is a problem with INT or penalties, they (ea) are allowed to put out a patch. Look at the support that the developers of "the show" have offered, is it to much to ask ea to show at least a little interest in righting a wrong or participating in discussions here like the developers of "the show" have? I don't try to offend anyone here, but I do have very high expectations for a game like NCAA or Madden. They have been at it for awhile now and I will continue to complain when there is more put into hyping a game then into improving something as basic as gameplay. IMO realistic gameplay far exceeds homefield advantage and playing as a mascot. Again sorry if you think I am picking on ea but they make the only college game around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »