Home

So who do you control the most on Defense in NCAA?

This is a discussion on So who do you control the most on Defense in NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #49
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: So who do you control the most on Defense in NCAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I am and always will be a Defensive Tackle guy.

For many reasons...

1. I suck at pass coverage and my controlling the safety or a DB has directly led to 798 touchdown passes over my entire NCAA playing career.

2. I have gotten pretty good at penetration and pass rushing at the DT position, which can completely screw up any offense if a 300 pound bulldozer comes crashing through the line. As long as I have a good DT, I'm happy.

3. It's much easier to disguise my defense when I'm always the DT. If I'm a LB or DB and I'm blitzing etc., I usually give away what I'm doing pretty quickly (again, due to my suckiness in open space in this game).

Even though Auburn seems to be getting their yearly screwjob by EA, I AM happy to see DT Sen'Derrick Marks as a 95 at DT and a Pre-Season All American on the game.
I'm with you, I always control a D-lineman b/c my stick skills are pretty pathetic. I rely more on just calling the correct defense and generating a pass rush. Then, once the ball is committed, I switch to the closest player to make the tackle, usually.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #50
Rookie

BigBodySS's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm kind of shocked.

I've been the OLB for years and just figured everyone else was as well. I'm never the Dline because I can NEVER make anything happen, I'm constantly getting blocked. I'm shocked to see that so many of you play with the DT or DE.

I'm about to date myself here but I started out as a CB back in the old Gamebreaker days when Deshea Townsend and Dre Bly were still in College but once the camera angles turned to **** I had to switch.

This was when I was still playing Madden and since I rolled with the Niners I started using Julian Peterson. Ever since then It's been OLB all day long all day strong.

Once you get used to the reads and responsibilties it's the biggest play making position on the field IMO.

Human Pick-6's are the highlight of my NCAA Gaming Experience.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:58 PM   #51
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Ok, I use SS and ROLB.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #52
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

If I'm playing a human player I alway start out controlling the DT and then I switch to whomever is closest to the ball if I can't get any penetration. If I'm playing the CPU I'll play with whomever is blitzing that particular play. If no one is blitzing I'll just usually play with one of the DL.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 05-25-2008, 11:57 PM   #53
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Last year I played mostly with the FS since I was running a 3-3-5 at that put me in center field.

My Video Game Streams
Old 05-26-2008, 04:30 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like to you use either my middle linebacker or one of my defensive ends. I don't control anyone in the Secondary so I don't get torched on passing plays.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:26 AM   #55
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

With certain teams, I play Corner [Florida State, Auburn]. In 06', 07' I was a shut down Corner. But in 08' for some reason, the game tends to lag a bit when you go for the pick. It is also an easy way to pick up INT's. Other player thinks "Hey, he is on my Star guy. Toss it up to him."

If not Corner, Free Safety or Left Outside Linebacker.

I stink at Pass Rushing from End or Tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2008, 10:14 AM   #56
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

SS or FS. im able to basically read plays playing as safety. i can pretty much beat people who use 5-6 plays because i can usually read them pre play or as soon as the ball is snapped. lead to many picks for me in madden and ncaa over the years and lets me shut down the deep game for those who love to throw deep every other down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »