Home

5 New Gameplay movies...

This is a discussion on 5 New Gameplay movies... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 32
Icon13 Re: 5 New Gameplay movies...

I saw a lot more wrong than right with those vids. I know some may be due to the level being played on, but that does not affect the way so many players were just standing around and watching tackles instead of gangtackling. It looks ed like the AI did not have an animation for the play so instead of doing anything, they would stand there or fly right thru the tackle instead of making an addtional hit. Maybe Madden will have this.....hopefully one of these titles gets this right. Madden or NCAA.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:35 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: 5 New Gameplay movies...

Didn't like seeing that arcade-like game speed again. I thought we were getting away from that with these latest vids? Hopefully this is just a level issue. And yeah, the option game still leaves a lot to be desired.

But, but, BUT... how about Beaver Stadium in the speacial teams video? WOW, the Zombie Nation looked tremendous!
Old 05-20-2008, 03:30 AM   #19
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

They were obviously playing on an easier level in the option video but I liked all of them actually.

This game looks so much better then 08 its ridiculous. I can't wait til July 15.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:00 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 8

Regardless of the level, the animation and physic looked exactly the same as previous years. From the running animation to the tackling animation!!!! What really sets games like NBA 2k8 apart from the competition is the abundance of life like animations and NBA resemblance when it comes to how players should act and move (animate). That is what I am looking for in my football games. Just running (all players the same), throwing (all QB's the same), tackling (repetitive tackles), and catching (repetitive) makes a football game boring as heck!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:11 AM   #21
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Regardless of the level, the animation and physic looked exactly the same as previous years. From the running animation to the tackling animation!!!! What really sets games like NBA 2k8 apart from the competition is the abundance of life like animations and NBA resemblance when it comes to how players should act and move (animate). That is what I am looking for in my football games. Just running (all players the same), throwing (all QB's the same), tackling (repetitive tackles), and catching (repetitive) makes a football game boring as heck!
I totally agree with the necessity of differentiation. I think they have a few different running styles and the lineman run different, but I get your point. There should be at least 5 different types of throwing motions IMO. I'll wait to play the demo to decide on tackle variety because there appears to be some new animations added.

As for the game speed, this is definitely on a lower level. We saw a recent video that looked much more realistic and I think it was on All-American. That Option Dash video made me cringe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 08:13 AM   #22
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
They were obviously playing on an easier level in the option video but I liked all of them actually.

This game looks so much better then 08 its ridiculous. I can't wait til July 15.
That's what I was hoping for too unti I realized that you could still do the same stupid pitches on Heisman last year.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17

wow, option is same as last year completely broken. Pull out that QB and put in Pryor and it gets 10 times worse. What a joke... its too bad.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #24
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

The tug of war will be my go to game when I want to work on offense..I love that.

The game looks visually better to me. I am playing 08 right now just to get familiar with NG EA football games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »