Home

5 New Gameplay movies...

This is a discussion on 5 New Gameplay movies... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: 5 New Gameplay movies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
wow, option is same as last year completely broken. Pull out that QB and put in Pryor and it gets 10 times worse. What a joke... its too bad.
I think I also saw some broken pursuit angles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #26
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

These were probably played on Freshman or Starter too...
Old 05-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I think I also saw some broken pursuit angles.
Its the pursuit angles that make the option broken and to be honest I am surprised that this is even one of the things that EA struggles with since I would think it would be some easy geometry calculations to make.... Oh well, looks like I will get my 1 month of frustration trying to fix this lack of AI before putting game up on the shelf next to its previous 4 brothers for NG.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:23 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
Its the pursuit angles that make the option broken and to be honest I am surprised that this is even one of the things that EA struggles with since I would think it would be some easy geometry calculations to make.... Oh well, looks like I will get my 1 month of frustration trying to fix this lack of AI before putting game up on the shelf next to its previous 4 brothers for NG.
Well, they used to have it right. The pursuit angles on the PS2 were tied to the sprint button. The defenders ran to the point the sprint button was pushed and not to where the runner was going to be. I did see a few down field tackles though, so we'll have to see.

I wish he would have tested the "Swarm of Bees" factor and had the tailback turn at the 1 yard line run along the goal line and then try to run back to the line of scrimmage. If they follow him without tackling him, its over. Game won't be worth the disk its copied on.

I am going to try to remain optimistic because I did see some promising things in the other videos. Hopefully this engine isn't broken beyond repair.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:08 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Well, they used to have it right. The pursuit angles on the PS2 were tied to the sprint button. The defenders ran to the point the sprint button was pushed and not to where the runner was going to be. I did see a few down field tackles though, so we'll have to see.

I wish he would have tested the "Swarm of Bees" factor and had the tailback turn at the 1 yard line run along the goal line and then try to run back to the line of scrimmage. If they follow him without tackling him, its over. Game won't be worth the disk its copied on.

I am going to try to remain optimistic because I did see some promising things in the other videos. Hopefully this engine isn't broken beyond repair.
HAHAHAHAHA, yeah, like in the old Super Techmo days when you could take Bo Jackson and run him around for the entire quarter length and everyone just plays follow the leader. ROFLMAO! I am not sure that pursuit angles have advanced even 1/100th of what graphics have since then.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #30
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

IGN also has 2 new videos that seems to be the entire 1st half(tomorrow they will post the 2nd half), but its for IGN Insiders only.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #31
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Why'd you tell us that...now im just sad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #32
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Why'd you tell us that...now im just sad
I'm currently downloading them(one file is 612MB, other is 776MB), i can tell you if its any good, which is doubtful if its like the other IGN ones.(i have had insider for a few years now, as a gift from someone, don't ask me why, cause i don't know)

its Ohio State @ LSU BTW

EDIT: LSU is the home team, but the game is being played in the New Orleans Dome. Brad Nessler(SP?) introduced it as the New Orleans Bowl, but I'm guess it is from the play now mode as their rankings are the same and theres no W-L record shown.

Oh, and it still has the generic end zone art.

Last edited by Solidice; 05-20-2008 at 09:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »