Home

2 new video on ign (insider only)

This is a discussion on 2 new video on ign (insider only) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2008, 04:48 AM   #57
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2 new video on ign (insider only)

Red Flag Alert:

The CPU had over a 90% completion percentage after two-quarters of play against a respectable defense; and the only reason it wasn't 100% is because a WR dropped a pass. I'm glad the CPU controlled QB's no longer make bone-headed decisions to throw passes into double coverage, but at the same time it's not realistic for the QB to make the perfect read everytime he drops back to throw.

This could lead to even the most pedestrian of QB's averaging a 70% completion percentage every game.

The community guys who get to play the final build of this game need to keep an eye out to see if the CPU controlled QB's play too perfectly every game; this could be the exact opposite of the problem we had last year.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:55 AM   #58
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
Something nice that I noticed. Around the 7:35 mark of the first quarter video you can see the CB on the right side with his body turned so that he can see the QB. He then proceeds to go for the pick, but dropped it. Nice to see that he wasn't looking the other way and miraculously know the ball was being thrown there.
The patch fixed that last year as well. Pre-patch all the players had eyes in the back of their heads and would break off coverage for incredible picks. After the patch, the head tracking was much improved.

I really hope the cpu throws deep though. Its beginning to sound like its still poorly programmed in that respect.

Thanks to all who have reported impressions so far.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 05-21-2008 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:38 AM   #59
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

I'd like a PM please!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:50 AM   #60
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Red Flag Alert:

The CPU had over a 90% completion percentage after two-quarters of play against a respectable defense; and the only reason it wasn't 100% is because a WR dropped a pass. I'm glad the CPU controlled QB's no longer make bone-headed decisions to throw passes into double coverage, but at the same time it's not realistic for the QB to make the perfect read everytime he drops back to throw.

This could lead to even the most pedestrian of QB's averaging a 70% completion percentage every game.

The community guys who get to play the final build of this game need to keep an eye out to see if the CPU controlled QB's play too perfectly every game; this could be the exact opposite of the problem we had last year.

Hopefully I'm right but I don't think it will be an issue. A lot of the D calls the human player was making were terrible. He uses a lot of blitz packages that left players pretty open. If I do that I'd want the CPU to tear me up also. Plus the player wasn't that great at the sticks either....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-21-2008, 08:38 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Hopefully I'm right but I don't think it will be an issue. A lot of the D calls the human player was making were terrible. He uses a lot of blitz packages that left players pretty open. If I do that I'd want the CPU to tear me up also. Plus the player wasn't that great at the sticks either....
I was just going to type this. I think over the course of a longer game combined with the errant throws the % of completion for the CPU should actually be pretty good now.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2008, 09:27 AM   #62
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

i would like a PM also if possible

Old 05-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #63
Rookie

aucool's Arena

OVR: 3

I would like a PM also if possible
Old 05-21-2008, 10:39 AM   #64
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I thought this was a sim!? Ohio State throttling LSU? I kid...I kid. Game sounds good so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »