Home

NCAA Football 09 Beta Screenshots: Stats

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Beta Screenshots: Stats within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #17
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NCAA Football 09 Beta Screenshots: Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Well, it appears the sim engine problem makes its triumphant return.

7 quarterbacks 5 passer rating points higher than anyone last year, 7 above 38 TDs, but none above 8 INTs.

In reality last year, there were 4 players above 38 passing TDs, but that was balanced out because they threw 14, 19, 11, and 17 INTs.

In real life, the best TD:INT ratios among those with good numbers was Tebow's 32:6 and Ball St's 30:6. In the game, Harrell is hitting at 52:7, and someone has the amazing 46:3.

But, at least it's getting out now, instead of being annoyed with it in July.

On another note:

Steve, are you the person we're supposed to PM for donations to the site?
I don't think it's nearly as bad as the past 3 years. All statistical categories have been improved significantly.

QBs are a little high on the TD side, but the INTs are much, much better than last years' game where everyone and their cousin threw at least 14 INTS and at least 15 QBs had more than 20 INTs (totally unrealistic). QBs don't appear to be running the ball enough, which is unfortunate because a lot of teams run the spread now.

RBs are about the same. If we want, we can always increase the run %/decrease the pass % for any given team to make it more true to life. I do this every year and it takes about one hour. This will also help with the on the field run/pass % when playing the CPU and the QB stats in the sim engine.

WRs are solid just like last year. Didn't see any Michael Crabtree-like #s though.

Defense looks about the same. INTs as a whole are better which may be due to the engine producing fewer QB thrown INTs. Sacks and TFL appear to be about the same. Tackles are a little on the low side, but that is probably due to no assisted tackles (again).

Overall, I am frickin' jazzed about this year's gameplay and somewhat with the stat engine (from what I have seen thusfar).

Steve, I can't thank you enough man. Your efforts and dedication to this site is what has me addicted to the forums at this point every year.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 05-24-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Upon further review, QBs rushing totals are a little low from what we can see.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #18
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

One thing that doesn't look so good about the stat engine is that in the rushing stats the top QB seemed to be Tebow (I'm assuming that was the QB #15 on the list) who only had 90 attempts for under 200 yards, I know they wil probably run the ball with him less this year but this is a guy who had over 200 attempts last year and almost 900 yards rushing. And also why did the rushing stats leaders have so many fumbles? Tebow had seven I think in one of those screens. Hopefully it can be comunicated to EA that the sim engine in dynasty needs some tweaking.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 05-24-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #19
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Well, it appears the sim engine problem makes its triumphant return.

7 quarterbacks 5 passer rating points higher than anyone last year, 7 above 38 TDs, but none above 8 INTs.

In reality last year, there were 4 players above 38 passing TDs, but that was balanced out because they threw 14, 19, 11, and 17 INTs.

In real life, the best TD:INT ratios among those with good numbers was Tebow's 32:6 and Ball St's 30:6. In the game, Harrell is hitting at 52:7, and someone has the amazing 46:3.

But, at least it's getting out now, instead of being annoyed with it in July.

On another note:

Steve, are you the person we're supposed to PM for donations to the site?
Exactly what I thought when I looked at them. Also nobody had over 100 tackles, which is ridiculous. Simmed stats aren't game killers to me by any means but they are annoying when you see a 15:1 TD:INT ratio.

Peyton Manning & Tom Brady look like chumps compared to these guys.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

I dont mind if maybe the top 3-4 guys have those crazy td:int ratio's but the average qb's are looking a little to good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »