Home

PSU vs WVU

This is a discussion on PSU vs WVU within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2008, 07:13 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: PSU vs WVU

I didn't watch any of the second half. Did they show any stat overlays during the second half besides the Pontiac Drive Summary?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2008, 08:07 AM   #42
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Whoever approved the poppin' and lockin' mess the Mountaineer was doing needs to punched like Sage said. That ish isn't football of any sort. Seriously, give me a replay of the big play that just happened or cut to the sideline getting pumped or players on the field or whatever. Anything other than the Mascot Star Search we see going on in NCAA 09. Save all that for the Wii version.

Overall though, I am really excited about the gameplay this year. This game is looking much better than last year.

Edit: Just watched the second quarter and what the heck was Johnny Spin Moves doing on the ground and why is he in my favorite game? I wonder if the CPU didn't set off a user-controlled celebration for #21 that it kicked in the dance moves for the mascot. Still ridiculous no matter what.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 05-26-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:59 AM   #43
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

Two biggest things I took from the videos
  • The TD pass from Jollah would've been easily picked in 08' by the CPU. Glad you can now work the seem / post.
  • Royster running off the field when the won. They made the AI actually act like they just won the game.
Impressed thus far. But I am the same way EVERY year.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #44
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

i found the 3rd qtr guys

Old 05-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 11

The game seems like a huge improvement over last year's ps3 version. Everything moves so smoothly and the animations seem more "full"

I realize the vids are from the 360, but apparently both versions will look the same so that alone is a huge reason to buy this for me. Now I'm just on the fence as to whether I should get this game or wait for Madden, unfortunately I don't follow the NFL much nor do I have a favorite team but it may be an overall better game this year

It's also difficult to tell from this video because both teams are good, but one thing I didn't like about 08 was that to me at least playing against inferior teams or against good teams felt the same. Having a blowout win felt random, and even CPU QBs from bad teams would throw for a lot of yards. May just be my own skills though, but I'm hoping 09 does a better job

Last edited by Furq; 05-26-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 10

I liked the vid I just wish the cpu didnt throw at a 90 percent clip again
Old 05-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 7

I didnt get a chance or maybe I missed it, but is there a halftime or postgame show? As a die hard 2k guy, I have to say there were some things I liked about the vids, however, if there is lack of presentation like previous ncaa, I wont buy again. It seems like every year when you play the game, it got boring after a month or two. We will see.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:15 PM   #48
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

I know. The first thing I will do when I play my first game is lower CPU and HUM throwing accuracy to 25 or 30.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »