Home

Anyone plan on buying the PS2 version of 09?

This is a discussion on Anyone plan on buying the PS2 version of 09? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Anyone plan on buying the PS2 version of 09?

I have a PS3, 360, and PS2 and I'll probably end up with the game for the PS2, as well as the PS3. Although I enjoyed a lot of things in last year's PS3 version, I found myself playing more of the PS2 version. I really enjoyed the PS2 dynasty much more for the simple fact that it wasn't near as time consuming and I could play multiple dynasties much easier on there. I also like using 1-AA (or FCS) teams and trying to build them into 1-A powers.

Just wondering how many others that have a PS3 will still buy this for the PS2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #2

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Anyone plan on buying the PS2 version of 09?

I am definitely leaning closer and closer to giving the PS2 version 1 last hurrah. I am still a bit underwhelmed by what still seems to be an incomplete game. For me personally, the eye candy of great graphics is not as important as having a good sim with a good atmosphere.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I will, i think online will still be better for PS2 then Xbox 360
Old 05-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

My PS2 is reserved strictly for playing NCAAF 04 at this point. Does anyone else think that was the pinnacle for the series?
Old 05-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #5

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSHog
My PS2 is reserved strictly for playing NCAAF 04 at this point. Does anyone else think that was the pinnacle for the series?
For its time, yes. I must say that the fun-factor of that game was as high as NCAA has ever gotten. In hindsight though there were some issues with that game that would be inexcusable in today's video game world. There were too many money plays to avoid, the option and outside run was too easy, and the 55 man roster limit was an issue. Recruiting was also far too easy.

I did enjoy it though because the sim of college football was darn near perfect.

I know most folks hated it, but I thought the addition of defensive backs being able to jump as high as Dwayne Wade really helped stopped the too frequent deep balls that plague video games. That really made the defensive sim more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I have a PS3, 360, and PS2 and I'll probably end up with the game for the PS2, as well as the PS3. Although I enjoyed a lot of things in last year's PS3 version, I found myself playing more of the PS2 version. I really enjoyed the PS2 dynasty much more for the simple fact that it wasn't near as time consuming and I could play multiple dynasties much easier on there. I also like using 1-AA (or FCS) teams and trying to build them into 1-A powers.

Just wondering how many others that have a PS3 will still buy this for the PS2?

My plan was to move on and upgrade from my PS2 to the PS3 this july with NCAA FB 09.

I will have to see, because I have read enough mixed reviews not only about NCAA FB 08, but some of the other sports games. I am pretty much only a sports gamer. I may see what some of the early reviews are and decide then.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

If they fix the pursuit angle bug and a couple of other things, then I will pick it up. Prepare for the big game and other features sound like they would be a lot of fun.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:29 AM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
If they fix the pursuit angle bug and a couple of other things, then I will pick it up. Prepare for the big game and other features sound like they would be a lot of fun.
That is the key for me too. If bad pursuit angles and/or discipline glitch are still in there, I won't be getting the game on PS2 (Perhaps this is what EA wants).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »