Home

Ncaa Football 2004

This is a discussion on Ncaa Football 2004 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Ncaa Football 2004

the most dynasty seasons i ever played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #42
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid
Anyone know of some really good sliders for 2004? I would actually like to play this game before 09 comes out.
Bill Abner always had good NCAA sliders if I'm not mistaken.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #43
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yes you could just chuck it up all day. I remember having games where my WR's would have 300 or 350 yards of receiving. Nostalgia is quite a powerful thing in the videogame world.
nostalgia or not, it was the best of the series since PS2. There was no game killing gameplay flaw and all the teams you could possibly want to play with.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
nostalgia or not, it was the best of the series since PS2. There was no game killing gameplay flaw and all the teams you could possibly want to play with.
I loved 2004 as well but what we consider gameplay killers now we didn't consider back then. I guarantee you if 2008 came out this year and people were passing deep to a WR racking up 300+ yards in a game that there'd be howls of outrage. I remember Timmy Chang for me putting up 600-750 yards of offense in some league games I was in. It was just pretty ridiculous. Fun as heck but also pretty ridiculous. But yeah, Chang-to-Owens was the connection and it was nearly unstoppable.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I loved 2004 as well but what we consider gameplay killers now we didn't consider back then. I guarantee you if 2008 came out this year and people were passing deep to a WR racking up 300+ yards in a game that there'd be howls of outrage. I remember Timmy Chang for me putting up 600-750 yards of offense in some league games I was in. It was just pretty ridiculous. Fun as heck but also pretty ridiculous. But yeah, Chang-to-Owens was the connection and it was nearly unstoppable.
Good point ODogg, we are far more critical now than we used to be, myself included. I guess as we get older we expect more realism and strategic gameplay. I'm just gonna try to relax and enjoy the game for what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 02:19 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 3

But at least back then the games were showing significant improvement each year. The series took 3 steps back when it came to next gen and it finally appears to be close to the level of playability that it had before.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondock18
But at least back then the games were showing significant improvement each year. The series took 3 steps back when it came to next gen and it finally appears to be close to the level of playability that it had before.
I agree with above poster. It was the major move backwards that I believe has changed how everyone looks at these titles and questions the producers. Also when you look at the advancement in technology (particularly the computer sector) I would expect a much more sim game to be on the market now when compared to 2004.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:36 PM   #48
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I've been trying to rent a PS2 copy of NCAA '09 at my local Blockbuster, but they're all checked out, so I finally popped open my NCAA 2004 game, which I purchased a while back (as a result of reading threads like this one), but had yet to get around to playing...

I had some rosters saved for it on my desktop and loaded in Bill Abner's sliders and implemented his gameplay tweaks and started a UCLA Dynasty...

I played Colorodo and I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the best console football playing experiences I've ever had...

I lost because I shanked two FGs (not used to that old skool meter yet!) and threw two costly picks...

I felt like I had total control over the outcome (which I haven't been able to say with total confidence since Madden 2005) and it was reveletory in the sense that it took me back a few years to the feeling I USED to get when I played these games...

Sure, it's not as slick to look at, and I'm sure there are gameplay issues that I'll find eventually...

But overall, this title ROCKS and I encourage anyone who's interested in trying what I now consider to be one of the G.O.A.T. football titles a shot, do so!

You just might reconect with what got you hooked in the first place!

Off to play Illinois, happy gaming!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »