Home

Ncaa Football 2004

This is a discussion on Ncaa Football 2004 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #57
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Ncaa Football 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
That game was awesome, I loved playing at the Colisseum. Now, 2K's crack at it was pathetic.
Agreed. Gamebreaker was a good game. 2k's game is the one that sucked.

People had some complaints about 2004 when it came out. Short passes were almost impossible to complete, camera, etc.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

Last edited by BigDofBA; 07-27-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure
I just dont understand how we have less features and stuff now.

Shouldnt the next-gen games have EVERYTHING the old-gen games had PLUS MORE?

i thought that was the point of next-gen...to take it to the next level. Besides online dynasty, everything else has been striped down.
HAHAhAHAHAHA... I guess my friend you have never sat in a room full of profit raiders?

On the stand point of pure profit and exploitation it is easy to see what E.A. decided. Lets strip ALL of the very features we have been building over the last decade and then implement them in staggered stages over the life cycle of this new generation of titles... those idiots (that being you my friend) will still line our pockets and ask for more! Rinse and repeat!
Old 07-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #59
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
HAHAhAHAHAHA... I guess my friend you have never sat in a room full of profit raiders?

On the stand point of pure profit and exploitation it is easy to see what E.A. decided. Lets strip ALL of the very features we have been building over the last decade and then implement them in staggered stages over the life cycle of this new generation of titles... those idiots (that being you my friend) will still line our pockets and ask for more! Rinse and repeat!
Honestly, thats the only explanation. It's like the same thing with these systems. The hardcore fans who buy them when they first come out get screwed. They pay teh highest price, get the least amount of features & quality. Then when sales begin to lag, they come with bigger hardrives, more features, better hardware, most importantly, price cuts.

Unfortunately, the price cut thing is out of the question in regards to this game, and with no competition EA sales arent going down. People's mind tend to block out the bad things of a previous year.

And if you don't believe competition effects things, then explain to me why when NFL 2K5 was 19.99, we also saw a drop in the retail price of Madden '05 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
Agreed. Gamebreaker was a good game. 2k's game is the one that sucked.

People had some complaints about 2004 when it came out. Short passes were almost impossible to complete, camera, etc.
Have you ever noticed that Gamebreaker is still the ONLY game to ever include the big water tower behind OU's stadium? As great a job as EA does on stadiums, I still don't see why they never put it in the game. It's not hard to miss.

Last edited by stoncold32; 07-27-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Honestly, thats the only explanation. It's like the same thing with these systems. The hardcore fans who buy them when they first come out get screwed. They pay teh highest price, get the least amount of features & quality. Then when sales begin to lag, they come with bigger hardrives, more features, better hardware, most importantly, price cuts.

Unfortunately, the price cut thing is out of the question in regards to this game, and with no competition EA sales arent going down. People's mind tend to block out the bad things of a previous year.

And if you don't believe competition effects things, then explain to me why when NFL 2K5 was 19.99, we also saw a drop in the retail price of Madden '05 as well.

Have you ever noticed that Gamebreaker is still the ONLY game to ever include the big water tower behind OU's stadium? As great a job as EA does on stadiums, I still don't see why they never put it in the game. It's not hard to miss.
And this is the point that is important to understand, OMT has no say in this type of marketing decision. You can only hold the designers responsible for so much, after that you are unfairly persecuting them for things that are out of their control. I think it would have been a no brainer to port all the features over to the New gen, no problem, so obviously there was something more nefarious going on in corporate. And now faced with more complex tool kits and shorter dev cycles and a long list of money features to pimp back in the game, it is no wonder these guys can't get some semblance of man hours in to basic game play. It is really a shame.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #61
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

In addition to the whole 'Next Gen Debacle' that's compromised ALL versions of the EA football titles to date, the other problem was the implementation of underbaked concepts like the 'momenum meter' and 'jump the snap'...

That aside, I just played my second game, which was a 17-13 nail biter victory in the rain versus Illinois (I have UCLA)...

With the slider and coach option tweaks (thans, Bill Abner) I did not see anything that was 'money', esp. the deep ball...

What I did see, which I haven't seen for a loooong time was decent DB AI and a much more balanced kick and punt return game for both teams...

I got one of those 'Greatest Game' nods added to my profile, and as a long time slider junkie and gameplay issue / stat engine critic am actually having FUN...

Thanks to all who tipped me to this great title!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #62
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Heh... Notre Dame had the ONLY team specific entrance in that game. But it must have worked, cause all these years later we are saying that the game had team specific entrances (plural). Notice that the only example ever given is Notre Dame.
The Miami Hurricanes coming out in smoke...

I think the Wolverines MAY have had one too, but i don't remember.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 07-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #63
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
The Miami Hurricanes coming out in smoke...

I think the Wolverines MAY have had one too, but i don't remember.
Also wasn't the smoke thing applied to a couple of other teams as well?
Old 07-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #64
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Also wasn't the smoke thing applied to a couple of other teams as well?
yeah Auburn had it too. Michigan just came out of the side tunnel like tehy do in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »