Home

Is this game legit or not?

This is a discussion on Is this game legit or not? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 01:45 AM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Is this game legit or not?

To start I have been a huge fan of the NCAA college football series. I remember playing this game on my ps2, I'm pretty sure it was the first year of this engine and I was amazed and loved it. Each year there has been pro's and con's added. To get to the point, me and a buddy starting in 2006 would play a dynasty together and it was a lot of fun. 07 was a good game but you could pass deep at will, and no matter how much you turned up the sliders it would not fix the problem, so in the end, a good game with a couple major flaws. 08 seemed a little better but the difficulty level frustrated us. All American with the cpu's sliders maxed still was not good enough, and Heisman is just ridiculous. Inferior teams would just fly to the ball and destroy players as well as plays. When using a power house team it was difficult to even contend with stanford (no offense), or inferior team. The 08 game on the 360 is a joke, I rented it, played it for 5 mins and shut it off, I'm not even going to get started on it. I have a 67 inch samsung running hdmi w/1080p capability, so I am dieing to find a sports game for it since that's all I really like in video games.
So my question as stated above, is this game legit, I know we haven't gotten our hands on it but from the pics and videos it looks promising and to be honest it has me a looking forward to the release.
To me the feel of a sports simulation is the key for a good game. Graphics are great, but to have a great sports game/sim you must actually feel like you can control a player/team without even thinking about the game not feeling fluid. The awkwardness and choppiness of games on the next gen has really turned me off, I really hope this game is the one to change all that for me. The online dynasty is a great idea and huge addition. Let me know what you guys think thanks josh

I put in ncaa 07 for kicks and after all this time it was hard to even play, then again I am a ESPN NFL 2k5 junkie, but the flow of that game is great, as well as almost every aspect of that game. Just think that engine on a next gen console with NCAA teams and a online dynasty, now that would be too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 01:49 AM   #2
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Is this game legit or not?

The game isn't even out yet, dude. Geeze. If you're looking for pre-release commentary, go here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-day-info.html
Old 06-04-2008, 01:58 AM   #3
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

I know, just looking for info that is positive, last years game was so bad that it seems to good to be true, a turn around that big in less than a year.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:15 AM   #4
Hi.

bling1202's Arena

OVR: 8

last year wasn't bad imho
Old 06-04-2008, 08:41 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

I think this is just a thread to hate on the game on the low. I mean there is info plastered all over this site for NCAA 09 & 08 wasn't bad IMO.

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #6
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

I still play 08'
Old 06-04-2008, 08:46 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpringle
I think this is just a thread to hate on the game on the low. I mean there is info plastered all over this site for NCAA 09 & 08 wasn't bad IMO.
Agreed. A pointless thread to say the least.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »