Home

Special teams play

This is a discussion on Special teams play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
Rookie

allconsoles's Arena

OVR: 5
Special teams play

How easy is it to block punts and kick also can we substitute on special teams this year to get our fastest blayers on the field on kick coverage?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Special teams play

Special teams has always been neglected - so don't hold your breath. One of the biggest issues for this generation is that there are no squib kicks.

Funny thing is that Brand Nessler will often say near the end of the game or 1/2 that 'they will probably just squib kick it.'.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

Special teams has always been neglected - so don't hold your breath. One of the biggest issues for this generation is that there are no squib kicks.

Funny thing is that Brand Nessler will often say near the end of the game or 1/2 that 'they will probably just squib kick it.'.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
I always get a kick out of that.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:08 PM   #5
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

I'd like to see overhead snaps cuz the snap does get away from the long snapper at times in real life and goes flying over the punters head or off to the side.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #6
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
I'd like to see overhead snaps cuz the snap does get away from the long snapper at times in real life and goes flying over the punters head or off to the side.
Totally agree, and maybe the punter just doesn't handle it cleanly. Drops it and gets off a rushed kick, or not at all. Has to be really random and not overdone.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Totally agree, and maybe the punter just doesn't handle it cleanly. Drops it and gets off a rushed kick, or not at all. Has to be really random and not overdone.
Agreed.

And for God sakes, please make sure each team has a kicker and punter. Last night I was playing against VT on dynasty and they had their WR do the punts and kick-offs. if the punter was injured than atleast the kicker should do the kick-offs. Each of my drives started in their end of the field. Needless to say, I won easily.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:17 AM   #8
Rookie

allconsoles's Arena

OVR: 5

especially in adverse conditions when have you seen perfectly handled snaps by the QB, holder punter when watching a game and its pouring down rain on the field

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »