Home

Rating concern

This is a discussion on Rating concern within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #57
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Rating concern

wait what is this topic about again??
Old 06-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
wait what is this topic about again??
Why so serious?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #59
Pro

MillerTime89's Arena

OVR: 24

i'm a bit shocked Josh Gaines(93) is rated higher than Maurice Evans(89) who i might add is a 1st team all-american this year... and that Mark Rubin(90) our 2nd string FS is better than Anthony Scirrotto(87) who is our starter at SS and who was a 2 time big ten selection... ?????
Old 06-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 4

The problem is that everyone coming out of HS claims to run a 4.4, I highly doubt if Pryor walked into the NFL Combine tomorrow he would run a 4.40 or even under a 4.50 40.

Isaiah Stanback actually ran a 10.45 100m during track at UW. He got an 89 speed rating on the game... he runs a 100m time comparable to Ted Ginn, Jr. but was 10 points lower on the speed rating because he simply would be unstoppable and as a Husky fan I can assure you that Stanback was far from unstoppable.

Last season Jake Locker was timed mulitple times and came out around 4.45 40 so should he be a 90? Watch game film the guy pulls away from DL and LBers all the time and very rarely would he not be able to beat guys to the corner when scrambling (thus nearly 1000 rushing yards). Does he need to be in the mid-90's since he is faster than most guys that are rated low 90s? Or should Lbers and D-lineman be slower so they aren't running down a guy like locker from behind?
Old 06-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03
The problem is that everyone coming out of HS claims to run a 4.4, I highly doubt if Pryor walked into the NFL Combine tomorrow he would run a 4.40 or even under a 4.50 40.

Isaiah Stanback actually ran a 10.45 100m during track at UW. He got an 89 speed rating on the game... he runs a 100m time comparable to Ted Ginn, Jr. but was 10 points lower on the speed rating because he simply would be unstoppable and as a Husky fan I can assure you that Stanback was far from unstoppable.

Last season Jake Locker was timed mulitple times and came out around 4.45 40 so should he be a 90? Watch game film the guy pulls away from DL and LBers all the time and very rarely would he not be able to beat guys to the corner when scrambling (thus nearly 1000 rushing yards). Does he need to be in the mid-90's since he is faster than most guys that are rated low 90s? Or should Lbers and D-lineman be slower so they aren't running down a guy like locker from behind?
They can claim all they want but they actually do have to run. If you follow sites like Rivals and Scout those numbers are not just what they say they run but what they actually do run.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #62
Rookie

ThatsWhatSheSaid's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03

So your saying that scout and other recruiting websites lie?

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!

I'd be willing to put money on TP running a 4.4
Old 06-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #63
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaid
So your saying that scout and other recruiting websites lie?

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!

I'd be willing to put money on TP running a 4.4
I think he is saying they are more a general guide then some fact we can trust 100%. Was everyone timed by rivals? was it all on the same surface? etc, etc. I have checked Rivals and scouts and have seen vastly different times for the same player. Doesn't mean one lied. Just like most college basketball prospects pump up their height, he is saying probably do with speed. I am sure some are a legit 4.4 and some are probably more a 4.6.

The bottomline is they have to slow the QBs down in this game and Adam even stated that. As for the topic of the thread. Alot of ratings just appear odd based on stats, measures, etc and we'll have to try and correct them but i think we should be leerly of raising the QB speed in general. The QB speed chart just will be lower than the other positions. Probably varying between 92 and 52 and to be safe, error on the side of slower.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #64
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

15,000 post and your longevity to the site, I guess gives you the green light to go off topic as you please. My deepest condolences to the topic.

I think Qb inj should also be much lower. Like 4 0r 5 good hits and hes out for 4 weeks. And giving them slower speed is cheating or cutting corners if you will. Instead of making the De better animations and smarter. Jus my opinion

Last edited by MacPlex; 06-08-2008 at 06:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »