Home

One year after NCAA 08, I've found what hinders the game.

This is a discussion on One year after NCAA 08, I've found what hinders the game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #25
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: One year after NCAA 08, I've found what hinders the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
He's probably got the give recruits a car, house, cash, job, hookers, drugs, good grades, cheat code taped to his console.
Well... we do have cheats under the hood that help us test the game, but they are removed before the game ships. This isn't stuff like a series of button presses, but a whole menu system of different debugger features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #26
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Well... we do have cheats under the hood that help us test the game, but they are removed before the game ships. This isn't stuff like a series of button presses, but a whole menu system of different debugger features.
Yeah, I'm just yanking your chain, but your comments(which will probably be missed by most of the people here) about the pass rush seeming the same as '08 gives me hope that things aren't as dire as they seemed several days ago.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #27
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

It appears what hindered NCAA 08 was turning the system on.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
It appears what hindered NCAA 08 was turning the system on.
Classic!!! LOL!
Old 06-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #29
Rookie

FutureVol's Arena

OVR: 6

I have never had a prob passrushing on any of the games since about 06....it is all just about timing and defensive schemes...i ususally blitz 1 LB. and have my front 4 take care of the rest ... if essential do i blitz 2 max becasue any more and it will take away from run suppourt or coverage if i get burned by the P.A. or Draw....

sometimes if you are a defensive player like me..you choose teams thats have defenses built for pass rushing.... if your fastest lineman has 82 speeed then chances are your not gonna get a great consistent passrush..however if your get a UF or USC or UT..teams w/ fast lineman..then your passrush will GREATELY increase..i had the same prob till i learned how to use the players and got my timing down...it can be improved but i dont mind the system @ all..i agree it all depends on your style of play some ppl r good @ it and some arent....
Old 06-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think the pass rush in '08 is about right. If it were easier to get pressure you could literally make it so the AI couldn't get a first down. I thought the sack and TFL numbers were pretty accurate. If it were any easier, people would call it a game-killer.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #31
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_diddy
I think the pass rush in '08 is about right. If it were easier to get pressure you could literally make it so the AI couldn't get a first down. I thought the sack and TFL numbers were pretty accurate. If it were any easier, people would call it a game-killer.
yep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #32
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

The two main issues that hindered 08 (single player) was the dumb CPU QB AI (a gamekiller) and to a much much lesser extent the CPU never throwing deep.

Those two things made the game pretty mediocre for replayability.

Pass rush wasn't an issue from what I could tell - but 08 was the version I played least in the last 6 years because of the crappy CPU turnovers.

Last edited by umd; 06-07-2008 at 08:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »