Home

A Look Ahead to NCAA Football 2010

This is a discussion on A Look Ahead to NCAA Football 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
what i would love to see is a create your own pregame speech. of course you would have to exclude all of the f-bombs and stuff but that would be awesome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #42
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: A Look Ahead to NCAA Football 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue13
what i would love to see is a create your own pregame speech. of course you would have to exclude all of the f-bombs and stuff but that would be awesome
And do half time speaches where you could:
-pep them up
-yell at them
-tell them to stay focused, etc

This should have an impact on how the team plays in the 2nd half.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:31 AM   #43
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

OVR: 5

so i don't know if anyone has thought of something like this but here goes....

dynasty mode always begins the same way. (i'm assuming it will do the same in 09) you pick a school and name the coach. what if dynasty mode started right after the national championship game and gave a year in review. of course this is where improved presentation would come in. after a rundown of how the year went, coaching vacancies could be listed and talked about. why the previous coach left or was fired etc. then you the user could apply for one or more of the jobs and give the schools reasons why they should hire you. kind of like recruiting. you could tell the ad that if he gives you 5 years, you'll win the national championship. then you talk contract with the school and ad. then you take a job.

well now you need to assemble a coaching staff. this could get way too detailed. but maybe if ea limited teams to a head coach, assistant coach, offense coord, def. coord. and sp teams coach, it wouldn't such an undertaking. ea could take a page from college hoops and let each coach have certain qualities. maybe one is a better recruiter. maybe one's a better teacher.

now it's time for the late signing period. you could almost use the 5 week recruiting idea from last gen ncaa's.

then spring football arrives. go through practices and choose what each player or positions need to work on. now honestly i hate these parts of sports games because it gets real tedious and boring. so maybe ea could come up with a simple and quick way to sim practices.

spring football game! this could actually be a lot of fun. work on gaining fan's attendance each year to this.

i guess here the 'old' dynasty could begin. choose your new targets to recruit. schedule teams. depth chart. etc. maybe have a nice preseason show talking about how spring practices and such went. blah blah blah.

really, i don't think all of this would too challenging to put together. this would really add a lot to dynasty mode. people have said dynasty mode has gotten old, but this would certainly freshen it up.

lastly........ for the love of God can we get potential ratings in recruiting. i'm pretty sure this wasn't in 08.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:43 AM   #44
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbiltfan87

dynasty mode always begins the same way. (i'm assuming it will do the same in 09) you pick a school and name the coach. what if dynasty mode started right after the national championship game and gave a year in review. of course this is where improved presentation would come in. after a rundown of how the year went, coaching vacancies could be listed and talked about. why the previous coach left or was fired etc. then you the user could apply for one or more of the jobs and give the schools reasons why they should hire you. kind of like recruiting. you could tell the ad that if he gives you 5 years, you'll win the national championship. then you talk contract with the school and ad. then you take a job.

well now you need to assemble a coaching staff. this could get way too detailed. but maybe if ea limited teams to a head coach, assistant coach, offense coord, def. coord. and sp teams coach, it wouldn't such an undertaking. ea could take a page from college hoops and let each coach have certain qualities. maybe one is a better recruiter. maybe one's a better teacher.

now it's time for the late signing period. you could almost use the 5 week recruiting idea from last gen ncaa's.

then spring football arrives. go through practices and choose what each player or positions need to work on. now honestly i hate these parts of sports games because it gets real tedious and boring. so maybe ea could come up with a simple and quick way to sim practices.

spring football game! this could actually be a lot of fun. work on gaining fan's attendance each year to this.

i guess here the 'old' dynasty could begin. choose your new targets to recruit. schedule teams. depth chart. etc. maybe have a nice preseason show talking about how spring practices and such went. blah blah blah.

really, i don't think all of this would too challenging to put together. this would really add a lot to dynasty mode. people have said dynasty mode has gotten old, but this would certainly freshen it up.

lastly........ for the love of God can we get potential ratings in recruiting. i'm pretty sure this wasn't in 08.
Never thought of that idea but that would be AWESOME!

Old 06-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbiltfan87

Those are some great suggestions!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2008, 07:21 PM   #46
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

OVR: 5

i also forgot to add that after every season you could go through the same off season. year in review, apply for a new job, etc. maybe some of your coaching staff moves on to become a head coach somewhere. am i missing any other crucial off season processes?
Old 07-23-2008, 04:04 AM   #47
Rookie

kevin80216's Arena

OVR: 3
IT WOULD BE REALLY COOL IN NCAA 2010 IF YOU HAD A GOOD SCHOOL WITH A SMALL STADIUM SUCH AS BOISE STATE, YOU COULD GET STADIUM EXPANSIONS AND GET BIGGER SPORTS BUDGETS
Old 07-23-2008, 08:25 AM   #48
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I really wich they would focus more on the dynasty side of the game. I think since the online thing they have gotten away from it. Don't worry EA if you focus your attention on the dynasty by time the next installment comes out we will still buy it. I hope they add a few more features to the dynasty mode next year like uniform editior for your school so you have the ability to create your own alternates if they dont include them into the game. There should be meaning to winning the conference championship, or national championship on the field and off. Give us stadium editor to add text to a wall or under the scoreboard that says 2012 National Championship have a banner celebration or something. Winning big games mean nothing in the current game. Work on the DRAMA of college football. Maybe you can call TNT b/c they know DRAMA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »