Home

Expectations Higher Due To Exclusive Licensing

This is a discussion on Expectations Higher Due To Exclusive Licensing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16
Expectations Higher Due To Exclusive Licensing

This is not new too anyone here, but I think expectations for Madden and NCAA football games are higher because of the expectations of people. Because there is no alternative, it amplifies the mistakes in both of these games.
For example: In 2005, I thought 2k and EA made great football games. They were great in different ways and contrasted each other. What people didn't like in one game they could most likely get in another.
Last year I thought Madden and NCAA were both solid in gameplay aside from the turnovers, which was a game killer for me. Also, there is obviously a lack of features missing from last gen. This ticks me off the most because I would think you can at least port the features from last gen until you get a grasp on the latest technology (ala the NBA 2k series).
So to give my rant a thesis, I would say that NCAA and Madden will probably (unfortunately) be judged more for what they don't have than what they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Expectations Higher Due To Exclusive Licensing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
This is not new too anyone here, but I think expectations for Madden and NCAA football games are higher because of the expectations of people. Because there is no alternative, it amplifies the mistakes in both of these games.
For example: In 2005, I thought 2k and EA made great football games. They were great in different ways and contrasted each other. What people didn't like in one game they could most likely get in another.
Last year I thought Madden and NCAA were both solid in gameplay aside from the turnovers, which was a game killer for me. Also, there is obviously a lack of features missing from last gen. This ticks me off the most because I would think you can at least port the features from last gen until you get a grasp on the latest technology (ala the NBA 2k series).
So to give my rant a thesis, I would say that NCAA and Madden will probably (unfortunately) be judged more for what they don't have than what they do.
Hasn't this been beat to death enough on here. Geesh.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yes it has. Besides as far as NCAA goes, when did they ever have competition? 2k's game was terrible and so was 989's/Sony. The only games we can compare next gen NCAA to are past iterations. This might be the year they measure up gameplay wise.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It has been beat to death, but it doesn't change the fact that EA produced a POS for a game the last couple years.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Here we go again....

I see a lock in this threads future.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-09-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
It has been beat to death, but it doesn't change the fact that EA produced a POS for a game the last couple years.
I don't think NCAA 08 is a POS. Its a pretty good game. Does it has its flaws? Yes. Do they destroy the game? No. Madden 08 was a decent game. Not as good as NCAA 08, but decent. I believe this is just another thread to start some.....well u know.

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #7
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
That's just my opinion and several others' opinions as well. A lot of people feel pretty let down. They seem to be on track now.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I see a lock in this threads future.
Ding! Ding!

These threads usually go no where, and no where fast as we already have seen with one of the posts here.

Also for future reference.

Posts like these:
Quote:
will not be tolerated.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »