Home

Dynasty position battles

This is a discussion on Dynasty position battles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Dynasty position battles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I have a different philosophy when it comes to that. I think if you're buidling from scratch then you need to take out the seniors and get as many young guys PT as possible. One redshirt year when you have an obvious talent at QB is not that big of a deal when talking about a COMPLETE rebuild.

And in this case the talent is far surperior than the rest that it may end up making your team more competetive.

I could see if we were deciding between players of similar skill sets but with Griffin's speed your entire team would benefit greatly.
See I am not sure which way to lean. Redshirt the freshmen or go about it the way your saying.

Guess I'll figure it once the game comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
Ahh yes, indeed it does!

I still have yet to see the THA rating which will determine for me if Feagin or Threet gets the start.
Playing as Michigan myself I believe that Feagin should be unplayable... if indeed a 69 OVR QB ends up being able to pass decent enough, then I think there will be zero reason to EVER recruit a slow QB with a cannon. I am really hoping that we are forced to use Threet for any sort of reliable passing game.

Either way we both know that after 1 season of recruiting all 3 of these QBs will be cut from the team. At least that is what I will be doing to free up some room for other prospects.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
Playing as Michigan myself I believe that Feagin should be unplayable... if indeed a 69 OVR QB ends up being able to pass decent enough, then I think there will be zero reason to EVER recruit a slow QB with a cannon. I am really hoping that we are forced to use Threet for any sort of reliable passing game.

Either way we both know that after 1 season of recruiting all 3 of these QBs will be cut from the team. At least that is what I will be doing to free up some room for other prospects.

I know i'm probably reaching with Feagin but I'd just really like get my hands dirty with as much as the playbook as I can my first year as I get accustomed to the Spread Option (i've always been a Pro-Style offense, 4-3 defense guy up to this point). Feagin would allow me to do that moreso than Threet if he could throw. But you're probably right.

And indeed, regardless, barring a huge dropped ball in recruiting, at the very least, Sheridan and probably Threet will be cut in the offseason as I will (hopefully) be bringing in two talented dual-threat QBs for the immediate future.

Last edited by VWarrior; 06-11-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #28
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
I know i'm probably reaching with Feagin but I'd just really like get my hands dirty with as much as the playbook as I can my first year as I get accustomed to the Spread Option (i've always been a Pro-Style offense, 4-3 defense guy up to this point). Feagin would allow me to do that moreso than Threet if he could throw. But you're probably right.

And indeed, regardless, barring a huge dropped ball in recruiting, at the very least, Sheridan and probably Threet will be cut in the offseason as I will (hopefully) be bringing in two talented dual-threat QBs for the immediate future.
I think you should start with Threet and see how ya'll are doing. If your record is not acceptable going into the Big Ten Season switch QB's and start preparing for next year
Old 06-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
I think you should start with Threet and see how ya'll are doing. If your record is not acceptable going into the Big Ten Season switch QB's and start preparing for next year
Yeah, thats probably what i'll do. I can't shake the feeling that he'll just naturally play worse due to the lower OVR, but there's no reason to put up with Threet if the season is already irreparably mediocre.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only reason Griffin committed to Houston and then Baylor (both times of course to Art Briles) is because he promised him that he would play QB. Alot of bigger schools were looking at him but as an athlete, a guy that could potentially be a WR or DB. Briles has done this before, promising kids they will play QB then he moved them to another position. It caused one kid to transfer and almost lead to another guy leaving the program at Houston (LJ Castille)...
Old 06-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #31
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

For Rutgers...

Who to start at HB?

Kordell Young, Mason Robinson, Jourdan Brooks, or Joe Martinek?

Then as soon as Teel graduates who should get the look at QB?

DC Jefferson, CP4, Jabu Lovelace, (Or a recruit that I get and rename Tom Savage <_<)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #32
Pro

MillerTime89's Arena

OVR: 24

Alright guys.. PSU is having one hell of a QB battle this offspring according to Joe it's a 3 way race.. but we all know it's two.. (here are the attributes)
#17 Darryll Clark - Senior (i will switch him to a Junior RS)
Overall 85
Speed 83
Agility 78
Acceleration 84
Awareness 66
Throwing Power 92
Throwing Accuracy 85

#7 Pat Devlin - Sophomore RS
Overall 81
Speed 70
Agility 72
Acceleration 74
Awareness 66
Throwing Power 90
Throwing Accuracy 85

Who do you boys think i should go with? I know the majority of the people will say i'm crazy if i dont go with Clark since PSU is using the HD Spread this year.. but i feel who ever wins the QB battle this summer.. that'll be the QB i'll pick..

as far as running backs... i'm debating on if i should Red Shirt my freshman RB Brandon Beachum or let him play.. he is currently 2nd on the depth chart at (78) overall.. only behind Even Royster at (84) overall.. 3rd on the depth chart is Soph(rs) Brent Carter (76) overall and 4th string is Fresh(rs) Stephon Green at (75) overall??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »