Home

So... How Was NCAA 08 on the Xbox or PS2?

This is a discussion on So... How Was NCAA 08 on the Xbox or PS2? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2008, 12:50 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
So... How Was NCAA 08 on the Xbox or PS2?

Okay, so basically I gave up on 08 a long, long time ago and am now playing 06. I love 06 and it is a great game, but a few things bother me, mainly...

1.) No BCS National Championship Game (started in the 2006 season)
2.) Bowl games that are missing or renamed since the game is three years old
3.) No mandatory 12 game regular season schedule like we have now

Granted these things are not a huge deal to me, I was curious as to what some of you guys thought about last-gen NCAA 08. I have heard that there were problems with the pursuit angles or something of that nature, but how much does it affect the gameplay really? I am fine sticking with 06 if this really hurts the game.

I probably won't be getting 09 for the 360, but either way I am giving it a few weeks of impressions before deciding and I will play the demo. If the demo wows me, then I may get it. I am not sure...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 01:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: So... How Was NCAA 08 on the Xbox or PS2?

I had 08 for the PS2 and its pretty good and feels a lot more different than 06 and 07. It has a very smooth gameplay to it and much better feel for the game. But running the ball is way to easy. I had a created team going against Texas and Jamaal Charles had 400 yds, and 7 rushing td's alone and I lost 77-74. Its way to easy. I dont know if this happens to anyone else but it do for me numerous of times!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:24 AM   #3
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memberz_09
I had 08 for the PS2 and its pretty good and feels a lot more different than 06 and 07. It has a very smooth gameplay to it and much better feel for the game. But running the ball is way to easy. I had a created team going against Texas and Jamaal Charles had 400 yds, and 7 rushing td's alone and I lost 77-74. Its way to easy. I dont know if this happens to anyone else but it do for me numerous of times!
Apparently that was the year of the defense being MIA as well?

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:01 AM   #4
Rookie

rj102990's Arena

OVR: 3

I really haven't been impressed with the next-gen versions of NCAA football. It would be so cool if 08 for the Xbox was backwards compatible, since I sold my Xbox.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:47 AM   #5
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Man, I just knew they where going to make other copy for the Xbox.But they didn't so Now I'm playing the 360,And mad because it's not anything like Xbox1.My thoughts of the Xbox was great, The only thing I seen wrong was it should have had coaching contracts and better injuries and it would have been fine for that year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 02:50 AM   #6
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

The one thing i've found about the next-gen gameplay is the players look as if they're made of starch whenever they move. They're just all uptight and upright

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

2008 on PS3 blew, every other pass get intercepted and it's not because I suck , Ive been playing this game since 97 it was by far the worst
Old 06-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #8
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

I gave up on 08 too and started playing 07 which prompted me to get 08 and I must say its super fun. Once you get over the fact that the graphics aren't as flashy and the stadiums are more 2-d, then you can really have fun with this game. Running is a little easy and passing has been hard for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »