Home

So How Many of You Just Cannot Stand NCAA Next-Gen's Gameplay Engine?

This is a discussion on So How Many of You Just Cannot Stand NCAA Next-Gen's Gameplay Engine? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
So How Many of You Just Cannot Stand NCAA Next-Gen's Gameplay Engine?

I think that is my beef with next-gen NCAA to be honest. It is just a personal thing with me. There is just something about EA's next-gen gameplay engine that I cannot stand. Obviously, I am in the minority here (at least I think I am), but I just simply do not like it.

One thing that is very important to me is realistic animations. This is the reason I cannot stand EA basketball games. Anyways, next-gen NCAA games have had horrid animations IMO that looks robotic and not fluid whatsoever. Whereas on NCAA last-gen, the animations were quite fluid IMO. I actually prefer in a way the look of last-gen over next-gen simply because of the animations. Animations add a whole lot to the game to me and make the game that much realer. I just do not get that from next-gen, it appears, and it looks the same for 09 as well.

I really don't like the gameplay either. I can't really pinpoint the problem, it's just my overall dislike of EA's next-gen NCAA engine. I loved their engine on their last-gen games, but on next-gen I just cannot enjoy the game due to this.

I am not out to bash EA because evidently a lot of people like the next-gen engine, but I, for one, do not. Luckily, I am still happily amused by last-gen and still love those NCAA games. I am not blaming this on EA's laziness either, because it's not about that. It's just the overall gameplay engine I don't like, which other people obviously love.

I hope I don't take a lot of heat for saying all this because I do not intend to hate on EA, I was just asking others' opinons on the gameplay engine of next-gen NCAA games.

So, through my babbling, is anyone else in the same boat as I am?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2008, 12:51 AM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: So How Many of You Just Cannot Stand NCAA Next-Gen's Gameplay Engine?

Lets wait til 09 comes out before we through next-gen under the bus.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:02 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

I agree completely with the original post. I don't like the new engine either, but essentially what it is, is change. And people don't like change. It's gonna take some getting used to. I never wanted to make the jump from nintendo to sega because the madden games on sega I hated, because I was used to the gameplay of Tecmo Super Bowl (I don't need to even talk about that game, I'll be here all night. God I spent 37 hours straight with no sleep playing that game at one point) so for a couple of years I didn't like the Madden games. I got used to them and then eventually loved them. The same thing is happening with me on next gen. The first year I was miserable with Madden, I hated the gameplay. I wanted to go back to ps2 because the gameplay was sooooo much better. Then the same with the 08 titles. I didn't love NCAA gameplay, but I kinda got used to it, and this year I'll get even more used to it.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:18 AM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

to be honest, i never really liked the old-gen NCAA engine. it just didn't feel right. not saying the new-engine is realistic or anything, i just feel it has potential to be a lot better than the old-gen one. I'll get a better picture when i get to play '09.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:22 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Lets wait til 09 comes out before we through next-gen under the bus
Thats what we said last year bro!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2008, 01:25 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

Well if you like the control of old gen it looks like 09 is looking more like it. I didnt care to much for either Madden/ncaa player movements up until now seeing this years. But if you ask me why I like the look of this years movement/player control is because it reminds me of last gen. I liked the whole player dipping when he was cutting in last gen version's.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:30 AM   #7
Rookie

twisted88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I think that is my beef with next-gen NCAA to be honest. It is just a personal thing with me. There is just something about EA's next-gen gameplay engine that I cannot stand. Obviously, I am in the minority here (at least I think I am), but I just simply do not like it.

One thing that is very important to me is realistic animations. This is the reason I cannot stand EA basketball games. Anyways, next-gen NCAA games have had horrid animations IMO that looks robotic and not fluid whatsoever. Whereas on NCAA last-gen, the animations were quite fluid IMO. I actually prefer in a way the look of last-gen over next-gen simply because of the animations. Animations add a whole lot to the game to me and make the game that much realer. I just do not get that from next-gen, it appears, and it looks the same for 09 as well.

I really don't like the gameplay either. I can't really pinpoint the problem, it's just my overall dislike of EA's next-gen NCAA engine. I loved their engine on their last-gen games, but on next-gen I just cannot enjoy the game due to this.

I am not out to bash EA because evidently a lot of people like the next-gen engine, but I, for one, do not. Luckily, I am still happily amused by last-gen and still love those NCAA games. I am not blaming this on EA's laziness either, because it's not about that. It's just the overall gameplay engine I don't like, which other people obviously love.

I hope I don't take a lot of heat for saying all this because I do not intend to hate on EA, I was just asking others' opinons on the gameplay engine of next-gen NCAA games.

So, through my babbling, is anyone else in the same boat as I am?
So I take it that you prefer the last-gen engine over the next-gen engine??

I'm just messing with ya
08 was actually the first year I played the next-gen version of NCAA football. So I guess I don't feel like I've seen enough to make that decision yet. Like you, I thoroughly enjoyed my old XBOX versions. Aside from the int bug in 08, I really had fun with it last year. So I guess I'll wait until 09 comes out to make a decision. Right now I'm undecided, but the next-gen is looking more and more promising IMO.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:18 AM   #8
Banned

slickzeus's Arena

OVR: 7

all i want is for EA to adopt the Euphoria Naturalmotion into their sports games... if they did that they would have some of the most realistic sports titles ever. Imagine the graphics of madden and ncaa teamed up with the real life physics that naturalmotion provides. No two hits would be the same! it would be incredible...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »