Home

NCAA Football 09 Demo Available: Discuss Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Demo Available: Discuss Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #41
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: ***OFFICIAL NCAA 09 Demo Discussion & Impressions***

I just finished a 4OT game where my Tigers were able to pull it out 31-23.

Pros:
-Overall player control is tight and responsive
-HFA feels right, not overdone
-The pass rush doesn't feel any worse than other years, in fact I saw new pass rush moves
-CPU called a pretty good game
-Little stuff like a LB trying to runback what he thinks might be a fumble
-Both QBs were able to get the ball into small windows
-Option was well defended
-Expanded play books

Cons:
-Run blocking on some plays needs work
-1 or 2 busted coverages that you would hope wouldn't happen, but they happen in real life at times as well

That was after my initial game, I'm sure that more will come to mind the more I play. Overall, I think that it was fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2008, 08:23 AM   #42
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

very impressed, i believe you will say it's a very good upgrade to 08 and next-gen football is on the right path. I used the buckeyes and i won 21-7 pretty easy victory for me. OSU quarterback i believe his name is todd boehman i think well i went 14 for 15 for 230 yards, the passing was on point and crisp. I didn't run the ball too much. The game moves pretty fast. It seems the better player will stick out and take over. The end zone celebration were cool. Did anybody see when you dropped a pass and the defense thought it was a fumble and they acted like they were bout to return it, pretty cool. I don't have any complaints. The looks of the game are amazing. Player models and lighting are perfect, i couldnt ask for more. EA sports way to go.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:23 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 11

Just played the first half and all I can say is this is a great game so far. I must be really bad because I'm losing 14-0 so far. It looks great and the controls seem pretty good so far. I took last year off so this year is a big leap to me. If Madden is better than this then we have two great games to play this year!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:32 AM   #44
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

This may be too much to ask but......
For those stuck at work intil later this afternoon can someone post some vids?
No problem if not.

Thanks!

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

played for a bit. Game is an upgrade over last year's game. I haven't read much on 09 but i like the new additions so far. Just hope dynasty mode is not as tedious.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #46
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I haven't had a chance to touch it yet (at work) but from teh impressions posted, the scores seem kinda high for an 8 minute game (many are in the 20's). Many here play 8 minute quarters, so you are looking at 80 point games if you figure the same pace.

Those that have played - do you think that this is an issue or just a by-product of trying to air it out (on Varsity) and trying to score as quickly as possible.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:47 AM   #47
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I haven't had a chance to touch it yet (at work) but from teh impressions posted, the scores seem kinda high for an 8 minute game (many are in the 20's). Many here play 8 minute quarters, so you are looking at 80 point games if you figure the same pace.

Those that have played - do you think that this is an issue or just a by-product of trying to air it out (on Varsity) and trying to score as quickly as possible.
I think its just the air-it-out mentality vs. varsity that makes the scores seem high. My game was 14-14 until OT.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:57 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

just finished my first game on the demo, of course the game is awesome just because it's football. Other than that I feel like the players still run like their in quick sand, and alot of the same jerky animations happen. The fast players dont even seem fast. On a kickoff return you'll run to the right then using the stick quickly cut back to the left, with your blockers mimmicking your movements very unrealisitically. LSU's Perriloux is damn good, to bad he play for Middle Eastern Alabama U. now. Great job EA. On a brighter note I absolutely love the new "wide open gameplay." The juke moves on this game are awesome, getting in one on one situations in the open field make it fun. The ice the kicker feature is terrific. I ended up winning with LSU 17-14 on a last second field goal where the CPU called a timeout to ice my kicker. HFA is even better than before. I'll definitely buy the game but EA must improve their running animations, it just feels like the players are tired or just jogging all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »