Home

WR screens will ruin ncaa 09... please patch them ASAP

This is a discussion on WR screens will ruin ncaa 09... please patch them ASAP within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2008, 05:51 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: WR screens will ruin ncaa 09... please patch them ASAP

The only thing that gets me is that people will sit there and say its not a problem....Well clearly some people are having the problem. I also hate when people say, just bump up the difficulty. We didnt start playing video games yesterday and we all know that is hit or miss...We could play on Heisman and still see this issue and we might not but just like at 2K and its problems. They're the same problems regardless of difficulty.

Its ok to admit a game might have some issues, it really is......Its not gonna kill you....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #66
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

I've never gotten a WR screen used on me yet playing the Demo

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 06-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #67
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

None of these "problems" occur with the CPU on offense... at least for me they don't.

I'm not scared of the CPU running these plays.

I'm smart enough to make the proper adjustments, if not by the defense I call (in which the CPU defenders are the real issue) then by my stick skills to put my player in position to make a play or at least contain the ball carrier till help arrives.

The problem is when I'm on offense in my Dynasty. I would hate it if I had to use self imposed rules to not call a screen play.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:38 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I have never played a sports game that didn't have a money play in it. We fix a LOT of money plays. It is always the goal to have zero in the final game. I don't think that has ever been done by any developer in any sport on any console.

Great.. now somebody is going to show me up by explaining how Cricket 1984 on the Commodore had no money plays...
As a matter of fact, Cricket 1984 on the Commodore really did have no money plays in it...

Back to the serious topic though, just one offensive gimmick will corrupt the integrity of the 'gameplay' aspect of the game. I promise you, you cannot go wrong by assuring there isn't one play that works vs every type of coverage/blitz scheme in the game. It's only realistic for everything to have a logical counter to it.

Please don't list this turn out to be like Madden 08 where you can't blitz an elite player because he will simply throw a quick jetpack, spc, or anything else categorized as a gimmick that works vs any coverage type. HB Slip screens will be the new jetpack, spc, "omg hes blitzing me, i know what works vs anything" exploit. There should be no such thing..

WR/HB Screens should get SHUTDOWN at least 80%+ of the time by a defender MANNED up on him, if not 100% of the time.

Last edited by kardashian; 06-24-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:36 AM   #69
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Cant you just take control of the CB maned up on the WR pre-snap and get up on him ASAP after the snap? Seems to work fine for me in stopping that play. Problem is, recognizing when that play is run.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #70
Rookie

bowdenball's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838
They work in real life if used seldomly.

"seldomly"... Clemson's OC should look that word up... Using the play 5-7 times a game isn't seldomly, especially when you're averaging about 2 yds/play
Old 06-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
Cant you just take control of the CB maned up on the WR pre-snap and get up on him ASAP after the snap? Seems to work fine for me in stopping that play. Problem is, recognizing when that play is run.
It shouldn't get to that point. I mean come on, it takes the genuine strategy out of everything. You would never be able to use a safety or a LB or any other player because if you did, he would just audible to a screen. Common sense here...

I've said it a bunch of times I'll say it again.... NOTHING should work 100% of the time vs every type of coverage.

Perfect example is the HB screen. If you're in franchise mode or playing the CPU and you KNOW that a slip screen will get you 10+ yards EVERY time, is that even fun?

What's so hard to understand that every type of passing route should have a type of zone or man defense to stop it without manual user intervention? I could write a whole book on what type of defense should stop a certain type of passing route.. and you bet theres one for HB slip screens and WR screens, and thats called MAN defense. If your sole job on that play is to STICK YOUR MAN (no homo) and tackle him as soon as he catches the ball, then thats what should happen in the game and it won't be realistic and will have gimmicks until these things are fixed.

Last edited by kardashian; 06-24-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 02:23 PM   #72
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

are you still basing this off the demo?

if so we can add these routes to the list:

Slants
Drags
Hooks/Curls
HB pass to the flats

i may be missing some, but that most of them.

Posts and Drags give me more yards and TDs than screens do in the demo. slants seem to work no matter the coverage too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »