Home

Exploitable plays in the demo

This is a discussion on Exploitable plays in the demo within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2008, 01:57 AM   #25
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Exploitable plays in the demo

i will find a play from the nfl and college where they run the slip screen so people can see how effective this play is. i played football and if you ask anyone who ever played football, they will tell you that one of the hardest plays to stop is the quick slant, qb playaction, and the slip screen. we used to run like 8-12 of these plays a game and people could stop them.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com

Last edited by texbuk84; 06-21-2008 at 01:57 AM. Reason: word editing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2008, 03:53 AM   #26
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

The screen is vital part of the game, no doubt.

The problem is I called the same slip screen play literally all game long
to see if the computer ever adjusted, and it never did.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:30 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The HB Slip screen is overly effective, BUT they need to leave it alone IMO. I think you have to always take one play in account with other things. The screen is there for the blitz. If someone is gonna try to lock up your offense with a couple of blitzes then they SHOULD get hit with the screen and it SHOULD hurt.

What they need to do however, is have better pursuit by the defense when running base coverages. But if you are blitzing every play then you deserve to get raped by it. To me the latter scenario is not exploitation. Rather, it's balance.
You are 100% wrong in the fact that you are basically saying there should always be a money play vs "blitzing" in general. EVERYTHING should have a counter to it as far as playmakering an individual player to cover it. There should never be one type of pass/route that HAS to be covered manually or else it is a blatant exploit. I should be able to use my genius by adjusting my defense to fully counter all the offenses routes in its plays, and be able to sit back and hawk anything I feel like hawking. As long as there is plays in these games where I'm like "damn, hes going to do the screen again. Let me hot route 2-3 guys to man up on him and on top of that let me have to run the over there again to stop this BS play he runs all damn game, or on every short down yardage situation", the game is an epic failure IMO.

Conclusion

Every offensive passing/running concept should have an AI counter for it or else it = exploit. In real life you cant run a HB slip screen all game because the defense will know and counter it and shut it down miserably, and I don't mean running and trying to stop it manually because that leaves everything else open equaling a not fun, unrealistic, chess match-less game.

The whole key to a good defense scheme is putting the pressure, AND covering what people will think is open. (ex. a zone blitz with flat zones and you man someone up on the RB = good blitzing scheme in real life) because everything the offense would stereotype as "open" vs a blitz would be a screen and the flats. With all that covered = coverage sack, int, or no gain. This is the whole theory of the chess match which makes the game so fun as long as there is no offensive exploits; thus allowing the 'smarter' player with the most sophisticated scheme to actually succeed most in the game. Key is to blitz, cover areas that are prone to blitzes WHILE blitzing, force opponent to pass up field, then mix in other coverages to constantly confuse the offense when they are trying to find the weaknesses in the blitz. But since the weaknesses keep changing as the same pressure keeps coming, comes the mass confusion of the QB resulting in turn overs.

All types of screens are counter-able to be shut down in real life aren't they? they should be able to be shutdown in the game the same way. Either put more awareness on the DE's/LB's to recognize it and run out to the RB, or make it so if you man up someone on the person doing the screen he gets all over him as soon as he catches it.

In short, with my defensive/route/playmakering knowledge, i should be able to counter every play with simply the AI if you ran it over and over again and I knew exactly which routes all your players are running.

Once the AI in this game reaches that point, there will be NO MONEY PLAYS.. because everything will be realistically countered by the correct defensive scheme. It will take genuine football knowledge to pass the ball down the field beating coverages the REAL way, which is by simply making reads.

Jetpacks, rocket catches, spectacular catches, strafe catches, one handed endzone grabs, hb slip screens, wr screens vs man, all ruin this aspect of the game and its horribly sad. Its the sole reason I and many others do not play madden the whole year through because its so not realistic due to all the offensive passing exploits.

Last edited by kardashian; 06-21-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #28
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

best way to not worry about this is to avoid this thread...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 06-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #29
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
best way to not worry about this is to avoid this thread...
This man speaks the truth. I typically stay out of the bugs and glitches threads or whatever because it will hamper your experience with the game IMO.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
This man speaks the truth. I typically stay out of the bugs and glitches threads or whatever because it will hamper your experience with the game IMO.
You will thank me if they actually raise the defensive awareness vs these money plays. You sound like a SIM folk, and I know what SIM folks think about "money plays". I am only trying to get rid of money plays. You can thank me later, or not if it's still in the game and someone mixes in a hb slip into his offense every 2-3 plays til you pull your hair out.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #31
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardashian
You will thank me if they actually raise the defensive awareness vs these money plays. You sound like a SIM folk, and I know what SIM folks think about "money plays". I am only trying to get rid of money plays. You can thank me later, or not if it's still in the game and someone mixes in a hb slip into his offense every 2-3 plays til you pull your hair out.
Well, I actually agree with you too. Money plays are painfully annoying in video games. Just like the clowns that nano blitz and use Engage Eight as their base defense. I love the chess match about sports games and money plays destroy that "fun" for me.

I agree that the defense is definitely slow to react to the HB slip screen in the demo (sometimes). Hopefully, the effectiveness of the play can be reduced on AA and Heisman levels or by raising the Defensive Awareness slider. If it doesn't....I'll have to resort to annoying "house rules" again.

Edit: Actually, after playing the demo a couple more times, I didn't have as much success trying to run the HB slip screen play with OSU. Actually, I had it blown up twice out of 5 tries. Yes, I was testing it and no, I would never run it that many times in a quarter (four two-min qtr in demo equal on eigh-min qtr for me). Again, it's on varsity and yes, that makes a difference.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 06-21-2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: see edit
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »