Home

Exploitable plays in the demo

This is a discussion on Exploitable plays in the demo within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Exploitable plays in the demo

There were a few play I saw in the demo that could be exploitable in the retail version. If you've seen an exploitable, or "cheese" play in the demo, post it here so we can discuss it and hopefully get the developers to fix the issues. Now, most of us probably haven't played the game enough to know whether or not some plays could be exploitable,and I honestly haven't seen that many, but I've seen some complaints about certain plays, so if you have an issue regardless, post it in here.

Here are some plays I saw that could potentially be exploitable:
- QB sneak
- Slip screen
- Running back in the pocket 20 yards with QB to throw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Exploitable plays in the demo

its just a demo and remember its on varsity.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

slip screen all the way... do it with LSU and throw it at the last moment before u get sacked... you can do it down the whole field. this will be heavily exploited if it works the same way in all-american and heisman.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
its just a demo and remember its on varsity.
I realize this, but I'm just treating the demo as if it were a beta test version of the game. I'm not saying the retail version on AA or Heisman will have exploitable plays necessarily, I'm just saying if you saw one in the demo to post it for discussion purposes.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I can't remember the exact name of the play, but it's out of the 2back SG set(s). The recievers, wideouts and slot, run routes upfield (doesn't make a difference as long as they're going upfield for 4-5 or more yards). The left back runs a diagonal stop-route/button hook for around 7-8 yards and stops around the line of scrimmage. If you hot-route the right back to run 1-3yd underneath slant-type route, the left back will occupy the outside w/s linebacker lined up on the left as well as the corner if the D is in cover 2. Not only does the left back occupy, but he will also end up blocking upon the catch, as if it was a screen pass. So, in essence, it's a screen play without the threat of oskie or sack, given the screen plays lack of pass protection (intentional as it may be). I've only tried it a couple of times, but it seems to be pretty money/cheese. The only flaw I can think of, regarding the effectiveness of the play, would be if the free safety was manned up on the right back or playing zone in the flat while staying in position pre-snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardashian
slip screen all the way... do it with LSU and throw it at the last moment before u get sacked... you can do it down the whole field. this will be heavily exploited if it works the same way in all-american and heisman.
I used it a few times and yea it looks to be overpowered in the varsity level. Hopefully AA will step up the awarness on the defenders to read this play.

I need to try this play with the D playing press man coverage and see how the CB man up with the WR screen plays the ball.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #7
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't like where this thread is heading...

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 06-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

This demo version is riddled with holes that did not seem to be present in the Community Day build in Orlando...not 100-% sure about it, but I would venture a guess that this demo is from an earlier build - probably closer to what was played in NYC (April) by Pasta / CDJ / Dave Wales than to what was shown in Orlando last month...

The roster errors alone (Perriloux is NOT in the retail game) tell me it is a different build...the only question is how much earlier...

BUT, that said, make no mistake about it, this game is tilted towards offense regardless of build or difficulty setting - I noted several defensive liabilities in the build that WAS shown in Orlando and down there I played almost exclusively on Heisman level. There are going to be money route combinations that are found and exploited - that is 100% guaranteed - but the critical question is whether or not people can find head-to-head counters to them or whether SP-gamers can be self-disciplined enough to NOT use them against the CPU...but there are definitely a few that I have seen so far:

* HB-out route from SG (ANY play, doesn't really matter) - hot routed out route and hot route the WR and TE to streaks to clear it out....if its man the LB has ZERO chance of covering a fast RB - in this demo even Lauranitis can't do it (at least in Orlando there was this problem but the better LBs SEEMED to be able to cover this better) Even zones don't work too well as the flat zone coverage in the demo version appears to be pretty much broken - the LB or CB in the flat zone will NOT aggressively play the ball and frequently you can roll the QB out and hit the RB for an easy 7-9 yards or more. This is MUCH worse against man coverage though...the HB has a HUGE advantage over the LB in both the initial move AND in the acceleration after the catch. In one game I played, I completed this EXACT SAME PLAY 15 time to Wells for 198 yards and 3 TDs...the CPU was utterly incapable of stopping it. It is almost a joke how easy it is to run this....

* Slip-screen is not so much a glitch as it is overly effective...I have not really done much with this yet though, so maybe I am off-base on that...

* Short passing (especially crossing routes) are damn near money all day and if someone stays patient and avoids sacks, you won't stop them all day unless you have extraordinary stick skills and can manually pick off passes...the patient, dink-and-dunk players are going to have a really potent offense this year as long as they don't get greedy...but in reality THAT's not all bad! Here's why - in real life, unless there is a simple physical mis-match, teams ARE hard to stop if they don't stop themselves! Think about what really kills drives - penalties, sacks, missed assignments, bad decisions....those are ALL killers in football games and this won't be any different. People are going to HAVE to force the issue on defense or die a death of a thousand paper cuts....

* Rocket catching is in this game and THAT sucks large....ANY catching that is unnaturally aided by the animations is just weak sauce and doesn't require "skill" as much as it requires "reflexes" and "repetition"...online and head-to-head there will be plenty of THAT to go around...

On the flipside of all that negativity though - I STILL like the game...I know that there are very real issue with the game, and I also know that by December the backlash is going to become conventional wisdom and people will be saying that NCAA 2009 was a step in the wrong direction because of all the offense, etc., etc. But ultimately, I think the game IS heading in the right direction...the producers and developer ARE listening and making changes and the retail version IS better than what this demo is showing.

I believe that 2009 is more FUN than 2008; it has much better player control than any previous XB360/PS3 version of the game - by a wide margin IMO - and it is an overall improved effort in gameplay (maybe NOT an accompanying leap in AI, but in the core gameplay mechanics)....throw in the huge addition of the user customization for stadium sounds (that ALONE is going to suck up a ton of time for me!!) AND the online Dynasty and other improvements and I can't see how anyone who likes NCAA in general WOULDN'T be buying the retail version in July....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »