Home

Online Lag Consensus Needed...

This is a discussion on Online Lag Consensus Needed... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Exclamation Online Lag Consensus Needed...

I cannot seem to get my question answered from the folks who have the luxury of playing NCAA 09 online right now so I am asking all of you to give me your input on what your online experience was with NCAA 07 & 08. I know the menus were slow and all that online but I am more concerned with the actual online play and if you experienced lag during your games. I have three questions and in your reply please just list your response as: yes/no for the first question, to what extent the lag affected your gameplay ability in the second question, and lastly if you think/know lag has been eliminated in 09. I am remaining optimistic about EA fixing the lag issues I experienced in both 07 & 08 due to the strides they have made in making online play lag free in the NHL, FIFA, and NBA Live series. Here are my questions:

1) Did you experience lag during online play in NCAA 07 and/or 08?
2) If yes, would you consider the lag MINOR, MODERATE, or UNPLAYABLE?
3) Do you think, or do you have any knowledge that, EA has fixed the lag issues in NCAA 09?

Thanks for the input guys! I know the folks that are fortunate enough to be playing the game right now are busy and can't answer every question posted on these boards, but this is a really big deal to most of us and with online dynasties making such a splash in this community, I HAVE to think they have corrected the lag issues. Thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Online Lag Consensus Needed...

1) Rarely
2) MINOR
3) They have said it is fixed

Old 06-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Can't remember 07 but for 08 I maybe had lag 2% of the time and some that could not connect to my opponent. However those times were when I was running a D-Link router. I've never had issues after switching to a Linksys router.

1) Rare
2) Moderate until switching to Linksys
3) Lag as in menus? Yes EA said those are fixed.
Gameplay lag? I don't foresee an issue

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-21-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

1. only part of the game i saw lag was the depth chart and kicking meter.
2. minor, once i got used to the way the kicking meter did online, it was easy again.
3. like Stewaat said, it was said they fixed it.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

I saw lag throughout gameplay, but it was very minor and consistent, so it was easy to compensate for. The part of it that killed me was that sometimes you couldn't switch to a corner or WR quick enough to go for the user catch or swat, which is a big deal for me since I user catch every ball.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

1) Did you experience lag during online play in NCAA 07 and/or 08? yup.
2) If yes, would you consider the lag MINOR, MODERATE, or UNPLAYABLE? moderate to unplayable - my 2k games (well except the unplayable MLB2k8) and more importantly shooters worked just fine.
3) Do you think, or do you have any knowledge that, EA has fixed the lag issues in NCAA 09? who knows until probably 2 weeks after release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »