Home

Online Cheese

This is a discussion on Online Cheese within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #9
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Online Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
1. No huddle entire game
2. Never punt
3. Always go for 2
4. Blitz blitz blitz
5. QB never stays in pocket
6. Onside kick every time
7. sub RB in for FB
8. sub RB or WR in for QB

Cheese = Abusing exploits, programming or flaws in the game.

1. No huddle entire game= dumb but not cheese
2. Never punt= Dumb and more dumb
3. Always go for 2= dumb and annoying
4. Blitz blitz blitz= if they that much they should lose bad...thats playcalling not cheese.
5. QB never stays in pocket= this is cheese because the oline/dine is flawed and it will be corrected next year
6. Onside kick every time= there was a glitch last year when you could kick it to the tight end and it would bounce off his feet EVERY time.
7. sub RB in for FB= CHEESE
8. sub RB or WR in for QB=CHEESE

The fullback dive play is cheesy and exploitation of the line. You can run this play every down and win easily.

Option glitch...when running the option if the QB gets taken down or wrapped up he can still pitch even if he is on the ground...WHats up with that.

And the most used....Hike the ball and sprint left or right to the sideline or dropback 20 yards to pass.

Thats all for right now but I will be back.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 06-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7
Icon1 Re: Online Cheese

I have been the #1 ranked player for online play the past two years on NCAA next gen and you'd be suprised at some of the mess these guys can come up with. I have several ideas that I think would greatly enhance the NCAA online experience but don't know who to share them with. OMT I know this is an Online Cheese thread but if you would like to he these suggestions I'll glady share them! stingmgt pretty much hit the nail on the head with online cheese. Many of the issues appear to have been fixed according to the demo (ex. 3-man contain glitch) But I'll had:

1. Throwing off screen- This has become a trendy thing to do online lately. Your opponent will purposely sprint all the way to the right side of the screen or left and throw all the way off screen to the other side leaving you helpless. The main problem that I have with this is that the throw remains accurate.

2. WR at TE- Many people have begun to use WR's at TE for a speed advantage. Maddne has done a good job of not allowing users to put WRs at TE or HB/WRs at QB in the depth chart online. I believe NCAA could benefit from trying this for a year at least.

I could add more but I'll save some for others.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #11
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
1. The classic "Sprint backwards and chunk it deep" play.

2. *Not really cheese, but can be exploited* Throwing deep and using the speed burst button to suddenly blast past the safety and DB...is there anyway to make the speed burst button a bit more "balanced" when throwing deep...or have the CPU DBs speed up as well to match the Human player?

3. Taking a DE or DT and roaming around the middle of the field with them.
Yep.. get rid of the freaking speed "Burst" / "Acceleration" button.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #12
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Bring me your finest meats and cheeses!

Of course, everyone here plays Straight in online games. So what do the cheesers do? Please post all the things that those annoying players do online that take away from how a true football game looks.

Thanks!
You took the words right out of my mouth. I was gonna ask the same thing today after I finished my exam so all the online dyansty guys would have something to go by. Good call!

This may not be cheese, but the other day someone used Illinois(imagine that) and only passed the ball 3 times. Option 80% of the time, FB(actually a small scat back subbed in for the FB) up the middle 15% of the time, and I guess around 5% for passing.

He only scored 14 on me but he owned the clock and I only had 6. He pitched after being wrapped up so many times, that it made me sick.

The FB up the middle and the QB sneak are way too money, or were in 08. Also, if I screw up somehow on the QB sneak, my QB ends up running and juking about 10 yds behind the LOS and I get killed. I don't know what turns him around.

I agree about cheesers getting a guy one on one on a streak and letting speed burst take over. That's hard to defend.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #13
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

As far as RB into a WR spot, lots of teams do this. Wv for one used Slaton a lot in the slot. If you do it all the time them yep it's cheese.

QB rolling out every pass play. I don't mind if they take off when getting blitzed but to take the snap and have a 4 man rush coming and you roll out right away is cheese.

Taking a DE and moving him 5 yards outside the OL and speed rushing around = Cheese.

Going for it on 4th down all the time. If it's 4th down and less than 1 and you're at the 50 or closer then I don't care.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-23-2008, 06:23 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Looks like most people here got it all covered. Quite a bit of cheese listed in this thread though already won't work on next-gen, at least from the people that I have played.

I will say the one thing that is almost unstoppable is that HB screen where the fast QB sprints all the way to the right of the field and then throws all the way over to the left side to the HB. As has been said, there should be 2 things done to fix this: first, make the QB fatigue rapidly from doing this and secondly, the ball being thrown should be much more inaccurate. Also, no one has done this to me in this year's version but I very clearly remember last year a guy doing this the entire game in NCAA 07 and it was solid gold for him.

That and I noticed everyone and their brother seems to like to take their RB on nearly every other play, put him in the slot and hot route him. Now that's not really cheese per se as I do it on rare occasion myself and real teams do this as well but when they do it nearly everytime it gets really old. Honestly i'm not sure how well it even works though because in my Gamestop tournaments rounds 1 and 2 everyone did that nearly every down but I don't remember it being money or even helping them out much.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 12

Well, to me the things that bother me the most, is running the same three money plays over and over again via no huddle. Deep post is unstoppable unless you cover it yourself.

The Nano blitz glitch, where if you pinch your contain linemen, they shoot through untouched causing non stop pressure which is lame.

The "rocket catch" this one is new to me but happens a lot when I play. The guy will go for he user catch, hitting strafe and jumping. Impossible to get the pick or swat, only shot at breaking it up is going low on him, which rarely happens successfully.

These things also make people very trigger happy with the cheese call though. I was recently playing someone, and I wasn't able to do anything. I finally got some momentum, getting a couple short completions, and decided to go no huddle, calling runs and passes, and the kid calls me cheese. Only time I ran no huddle in a non time crisis situation. I ended up losing the game, but it irked me that I got called cheese for running one drive no huddle.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2008, 08:11 PM   #16
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

My top 3:

1. QB rolls all the way to one sideline then throws off-screen across the field with perfect accuracy. All off-screen throws should be uncatchable. Any cross field throw whether on screen or not should be inaccurate because this is an EXTREMELY difficult throw in real life.

2. Taking a DL off the line into a rover position. This screws up the blocking AI big-time.

3. WR screen/pass where the WR is able to run or throw. An automatic 10 yards nearly everytime since the defense retreats and plays pass until the WR crosses the LOS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »