Home

Call me crazy...but

This is a discussion on Call me crazy...but within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2008, 11:16 PM   #9
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Call me crazy...but

yep, you're crazy.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Come on guys don't spam threads for those of us who aren't kissing EA's butts, buying their next-gen crap every year

No dude you are not alone, if I get this game I will not be getting it for my PS3, rather getting the PS2 version to play on my PS3. I have both last gen and next gen versions of 08 and I must say last gen is WAY more fun than next gen, it was definitely a waste of my money.
Welcome to the nuthouse, population TWO! That is the very definition of crazy, owning a PS3 and playing a PS2 game on it when you have the option to play the PS3 version!!!!!!!!!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-24-2008, 11:28 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I will acknowledge the likelihood that '08 was more solid on last gen given i'd assume it played like an upgraded '07 which was definitely more solid than current gen '08. However, after extensive experience with the demo (especially knowing that the retail version is further improved over it), I am quite confident that '09 will be the first true installment of this generation of NCAA Football that says: "This is next generation college football, the next step up". Thus, I truly feel its time to move on from the PS2 versions.

I fully acknowledge the gameplay is solid on that platform as I have fond memories of NCAA Football on it and Xbox, but again, I really think this is the year EA Sports truly iterated the series to a new level.

Last edited by VWarrior; 06-24-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2008, 03:28 AM   #12
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

yeh im just goin 2 call u crazy, time goes forward not back so why would u?
Old 06-25-2008, 03:55 AM   #13
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Well..to answer those who think I'm crazy, lol...

Did you guys ever play the ps2 version of NCAA 08? The physics and gameplay (even presentation) is much better than the ps3 version.

The ps3 version looks really good, even at 30 FPS (and this years version looks even better at 60), but its gameplay couldn't stack up with its ps2 counterpart. What's keeping my hopes is the fact that I played a demo of 09, and not the finished product, so maybe the gameplay will improve and surprise me by release day.

It sounds like (and understandably so) that most of you didn't play a down of the ps2 version. I'm not saying next gen NCAA is horrible or anything. I had a bit of fun with it, I just couldn't do the same amount of things with it that I could with the ps2 version.

Either way, I do plan on renting both this year, so I can at least make an informed decision. But if I can save $20, AND buy an overall better game, I'm all for it, regardless of HD, Online Dynasty, etc...Was just curious if there was anyone out there that felt the same, and apparently there's at least 1, lol.

Last edited by okstate19; 06-25-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:00 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I completely agree with you. I hate these next-gen football games; I played the demo for about 20 minutes and I was just completely underwhelmed and last years game was just horrendous.

I'm not sure I'll buy it for PS2, but I've already decided I'm not buying it on 360, meaning there is a distinct possibility I won't own a football game this year...pretty depressing
Old 06-25-2008, 05:04 AM   #15
Rookie

mags77's Arena

OVR: 4

Make that 2. With the ps2 version I know what i'm gonna get.

Plus ps3's still cost a squillion dollars in new zealand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8

I don't think you're crazy. I still have games that are dated versions of current titles that I refused to buy.

Now, I would call you crazy if you found a game that fits your gaming interest and will give you plenty of replayability, but you compromised your enjoyment simply for the sake of joining the masses buying the new installment in a couple more weeks.

That said, I'm buying 09 for the 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »