Home

Call me crazy...but

This is a discussion on Call me crazy...but within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Call me crazy...but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
PS2 version here also.....I'm still playing 08 and to be honest, I'm sure if I need to buy either. I'm happy with 08 (PS2 version played on PS3). There is a nice "wow" factor with this years PS3 version and it's the first time on the next gen systems that I can say that....but switching back and forth from the 09 demo and the 08 PS2 version I have to say I like the game play of the PS2 version better. It's a lot easier to make a play on the ball on defense and the control of the players, despite ea's efforts to tighten it up on next gen, still feel better on the PS2.
I disagree, there may be a lot of things PS2 does better than PS3 but I think the control is spot on for the PS3/360 now comparative to last gen.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #42
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I disagree, there may be a lot of things PS2 does better than PS3 but I think the control is spot on for the PS3/360 now comparative to last gen.
close but still not there, atleast on defense. i got 6 tackles with beckwith in one game on the demo and that it felt very good and tight. the shed block animations look great when you dont get locked up but still not as good in pass defense at least on the demo. i played 08 on last gen just because the defensive controls on next gen were so slow as i know alot people felt the same. i don't want to play ps2 and i think this year i won't have to but last years version on old was so much better than the new even with the pursuit angles. i hope its a big leap this year so i can just retire that ugly old box.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #43
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Can you actually play NCAA 08 for the PS2 on a PS3? Can you do the same for NCAA 09 when it comes out? I'm still learning about what the PS3 can do. Coming from the 360, the last NCAA game that I could play that was backwards compatible was NCAA 06.

Thanks.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #44
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Depends on your console and its backwards compatibility.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 06-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #45
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Depends on your console and its backwards compatibility.
OK. That's what I thought. I have a 40GB. I own an XBOX too, so the BC was that big to me. However, if for some crazy reason the next-gen version of 09 had a gamekiller in it (crazy CPU QB INTs for example), I always like to have a plan B.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2008, 04:31 PM   #46
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I think it depends on you rTV - if you have a standard TV then it's not crazy at all. If you have a HDTV, then, well, off to the loony bin.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 9

ps2 and 360 here gettin both
Old 06-26-2008, 05:03 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

You are not crazy at all. I really honestly don't plan on getting 09 for the 360 unless I am wowed by it's impressions on OS. Even then it's a stretch since I grew to despise 08 after about four months of playing it (not sure why it took that long). Nonetheless, I own an Xbox so I will be playing NCAA 07 for another year (08 for the Xbox had some dynasty killers in it and the broken pursuit angles) which is fine with me to be honest. I like to create a school so I will do that with 07, something that I cannot do on the 360.

Oh, and I do not own an HDTV, so it becomes very irritating to not be able to see the extreme edges of the field on passing plays as well on NCAA 08 for the 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »