Home

Online Dynasty questions and answers from those who know!

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty questions and answers from those who know! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #9
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Online Dynasty questions and answers from those who know!

I think we're just going to go on the honor system and say choose a team that is comparable to others. I do suppose you could edit rosters for an entire conference, though.

I think there is something similar to performance eq isn't there?

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 06-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #10
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I agree.

Well personaly I wouldn't do an online dynasty where everyone is in the same conference, to me the beauty of online dynasty is not having everyone in the same conference and letting everyone pick their favorite team. It's too hard to get people to schedule their games and play when every game is head to head. If you have guys pick their favorite teams and it ends up being a max of 3 guys per conference, it's a lot easier to get through mutliple seasons because you don't have to worry about guys schedules lining up to play.

If you are doing a conference only league, I guess you could pick names from a hat.

That's why I was wondering whether you could make all the rosters of user controlled teams identically rated. That way the diehard LSU fan and the diehard Ole Miss fan could each pick their hometown team and their success in the dynasty would be based on player ability, not on inherited talent. See where I'm going?
Old 06-27-2008, 02:57 PM   #11
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2

Now that I think about it, even if you made identical rosters, the LSU player would have a 5-star program prestige and a better home state for recruiting. That would still be a big advantage.

I guess the most even playing field is to make sure every user controlled team is similar in program prestige, home state recruiting, and current roster talent. Maybe come up with a pool of 20 teams that everyone agrees on are very close in desirability in terms of all the above factors, then have a draft. You could base the draft order on an OT drill competition or something quick.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #12
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I wouldn't go the "identical roster" route at all. Remember guys, this is online dynasty not just league. So regardless of the teams each owner has the ability to get thier teams better in the I believe 50 years? That's the beauty of it. Who can maintain the greatness and who will fall...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #13
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I wouldn't go the "identical roster" route at all. Remember guys, this is online dynasty not just league. So regardless of the teams each owner has the ability to get thier teams better in the I believe 50 years? That's the beauty of it. Who can maintain the greatness and who will fall...
I definitely agree. Just try to be realistic with your selections and you'll be good.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 06-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 12

I'm gonna be doing two dynasties, one based on conference, the other any team can be used.

In the conference dynasty, the commish had a good idea to only allow teams that weren't ranked in the top 25, along with 4 prestige stars or less. This way you can't really use any of the power houses and the best teams are in the low 80's. Our conferences we're allowed to pick from are Big Ten, ACC, SEC, Big XII... no more than 3 teams per conference.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

i see what u guys are saying about guys who pick the powerhouses and that it should be equal between hum controlled teams, but i think the beauty of it is picking a lesser team and beating up on those powerhouses and building your program up.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #16
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrice25
i see what u guys are saying about guys who pick the powerhouses and that it should be equal between hum controlled teams, but i think the beauty of it is picking a lesser team and beating up on those powerhouses and building your program up.
That is what I am doing in my online dynasty.

Most everyone else is a big dog, and I am rolling with 2-star UNLV.

But, I get a relatively easy schedule and little competition out west in recruiting (only Cal is user controlled near me).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »