Home

Here's a reason I have trouble with ea and NCAA 09 09

This is a discussion on Here's a reason I have trouble with ea and NCAA 09 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Here's a reason I have trouble with ea and NCAA 09 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Ian should go through and tell the guys at EA to release a blog on the developmental process. Then maybe these haters will realise how hard it is to program a next-gen video game.
I do think people are far too critical of the games, and I think NCAA is a wonderful series. People completely ignore new things, like gang tackling, new lifelike animations, advanced artificial intelligence, etc. This year's game looks fantastic.

But as to your point, who cares? It's a business. I don't want to hear how hard it is, just like my clients don't want to hear how hard my job is. Suck it up and do it. If you're going to lure people into next gen, charge $60 for a game, and lock up an exclusive license, you're going to be held to a pretty high standard. Tough. Grow the **** up and deal with it.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #18
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I think that one thing people tend to forget is that EA/developers have to re-program or re-code all these "last gen" features into this generation of games. Now, I have no idea what the process is to re-add these features, but I am quite certain that EA is just not overlooking them purposely just to have a reason to proclaim something old as new again.

Read thru the Q&A thread and you'll find Adam answering questions along these lines. Whether you choose to agree/disagree with his reasons, is completely up to you, but I for one am not going to sit here and criticize them over how they are developing the game when I have no idea how the process works.
I really do understand that it's a difficult process. I'm not claiming to know how to do it. I've read all these posts by Adam and I think he's a great guy, and I appreciate him doing this. I understand what he's said about the how it's taking longer to work on the game. Regardless of whether the reason is good or not, it's missing. I'm an EA fan, believe it or not. I have been since the early 90's. I've just been a little disappointed with that last year. Just because someone is disappointed with missing features, and their opinion of the game is less than others, is no reason to have someone preach to you (Not saying you, CB, everyone loves to jump in)about how wrong you are. It's just an opinion. I understand where Adam is coming from and I'm not blaming him for anything. He's not in control of EA. All I'm saying is, if EA wanted to get it done right, they have the resources(money) to see that it gets done right.

Last edited by jdrhammer; 06-28-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #19
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I think a lot of people really don't understand the limitations these guys have put on them in terms of budget and time. A lot of things have to be pushed to the back burner for next year.

Granted, I probably will not buy the game, and if I do, it might be a while, but at least I understand the limitations they have to deal with.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 06-28-2008, 12:31 PM   #20
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
All I'm saying is, if EA wanted to get it done right, they have the resources(money) to see that it gets done right.
I don't think money is the issue(ONLY issue) with these 'missing' last gen things. Its about a 24 hour clock and only having ONE shift that works 6 days a week on them.

I was a production scheduler in a past life and i will tell you, you build a list of stuff that you want to get into the game and then you go right down the list. If part B HAS to be in before part C, then it HAS to be in there first. If part EE12 is causing part CX09 to crash and EE12 is a gimmick item that nothing else is counting on, you drop it to the bottom.

I personally don't get why its so hard for people to grasp its all about time! Total hours to completion deadline / total workers=X hours. You can't MAKE the process magically take less time just like you can only have so many people working on a project.

If you want a 12 course meal it takes time...no amount of extra cooks or more stoves or faster cooking ones will make the meal get to your table any faster.

Whats that old saying...too many cooks...its like that.

Last edited by Kingfish; 06-28-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Cleaned it up...spelling.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #21
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

OVR: 4

blah, blah, blah....

I don't care what's wrong with it, it plays fine to me and I can always customize it to play as real as it can be. It's the only thing that puts together my too favorite hobbies...college football and video games. It could be wrapped in dookey and I'll still buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you don't like it, don't buy it, it's really that simple.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #23
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_BE
If you don't like it, don't buy it, it's really that simple.
Nice one. Did you think of that all by yourself. Never heard that one before. I never said I didn't like it, there are just parts that irritate me.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #24
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
How can this game have gone gold. They don't have foot prints in the snow. It's not done. They have had weeks to ad this. Now they will add it next year and call it new, when in fact there has been more then enough time to add it this year. At least they added something we have all been asking for years, playing as a mascot. RIGHT. Lets talk about home field advantage remember that (home field something) was in the game a few years ago and they took it out. It did many of the same things that this years home field advantage is bring back this year. I for one am tired of this stuff from ea. To spend so much time with gimmicks and deception on the marketing side makes me mad when the gameplay suffers year after year...

Ok now blast me. I'm a big boy
Haha, I see you posted this same thing under the Play of the Day over at IGN.com.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »