Home

Here's a reason I have trouble with ea and NCAA 09 09

This is a discussion on Here's a reason I have trouble with ea and NCAA 09 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2008, 05:39 PM   #33
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Here's a reason I have trouble with ea and NCAA 09 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
See, on this issue I am torn. I curse EA for getting the exclusive license, and for nearly two and a half years after EA cheated us by taking over the NFL series I never bought an EA game. Now that we have had THREE years to get a lot of the stuff back in the game, there are still no refs, there is still no progressive lighting, and these things that were once standard are getting pushed aside.

I will say I am ready to buy this version because it looks like it will be worth $60, but there is still a long way to go before this game is perfect. EA, you may have a good game here, but you still have a LONG way to go.

Couldn't agree more.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #34
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
See, on this issue I am torn. I curse EA for getting the exclusive license, and for nearly two and a half years after EA cheated us by taking over the NFL series I never bought an EA game. Now that we have had THREE years to get a lot of the stuff back in the game, there are still no refs, there is still no progressive lighting, and these things that were once standard are getting pushed aside.

I will say I am ready to buy this version because it looks like it will be worth $60, but there is still a long way to go before this game is perfect. EA, you may have a good game here, but you still have a LONG way to go.
Yep. We do have a long way to go. We realize this, and we do as much as we can every year.

It is good to see the responses to the original poster in this thread. I think in the past years, it would have turned into an echo chamber bashing EA. So I think our effort to be more transparent and explain the video game process to you guys is working!

As far as "going gold" I always scratch my head over this. I see it used all the time on the message boards, but frankly I don't know what it means. We never use this term at work. The whole team gets an email when we reach a milestone in the development process, and I have never gotten a "NCAA has gone gold!" email.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #35
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

Yeah...compared 2005 to 2009....it's no contest. 2005 on Next Gen had to be one of the worse football game of all time...EA is pretty good with their football platforms...it's NBA that they are lacking in !!!!!!

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #36
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Oh don't get me wrong, I hate EA with a purple passion and will limit myself to one game per year brand new. Yet, I also realize that I can hate the company while respecting the guys that have families to feed.

That's how I can justify my support of the Arlington Cowboys.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #37
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
Yeah...compared 2005 to 2009....it's no contest. 2005 on Next Gen had to be one of the worse football game of all time...EA is pretty good with their football platforms...it's NBA that they are lacking in !!!!!!
ummmm...there wasn't a 2005 next gen football game. In fact, next gen wasn't even around then.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #38
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
ummmm...there wasn't a 2005 next gen football game. In fact, next gen wasn't even around then.

My bad...i meant 2007 !!!! Worse football game of all time...I'd rather play EA's Mutant League Football on Genesis !!!!

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 06-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #39
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
My bad...i meant 2007 !!!! Worse football game of all time...I'd rather play EA's Mutant League Football on Genesis !!!!
ok

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Well you're obviously just looking for attention so I'll bite, as it's been discussed and discussed that the mascot stuff took 1 day to get in the game. 1 day not "so much time".
Adding foot prints in the snow is I'm guessing a lot more time consuming especially with the new lighting system I imagine.
I seriously can't believe people still post this nonsense even after all the details about what goes on in developement is posted in the QA and demo thread.
I take that back. I actually can believe it as it just goes with the tons of other posts, that if people just take some time to actually read the threads, they wouldn't make these types of posts. Then again some would just to "whine".
Par for the course these days.

Just don't get the game and move on.

Anyways your answers can be found here: State of the Game
My point buddy, is that like so many of the things in this game are also in Madden 09 as well, foot prints are in Madden so I just figured that they could be added to this game since both these games share so many of the same things. Guess your right though this one was just to much for them to take on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »