Home

Here's a reason I have trouble with ea and NCAA 09 09

This is a discussion on Here's a reason I have trouble with ea and NCAA 09 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #57
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Here's a reason I have trouble with ea and NCAA 09 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Ian should go through and tell the guys at EA to release a blog on the developmental process. Then maybe these haters will realise how hard it is to program a next-gen video game.
Yes...I think many people are uninformed and have failed to read different threads that explain the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
I do think people are far too critical of the games, and I think NCAA is a wonderful series. People completely ignore new things, like gang tackling, new lifelike animations, advanced artificial intelligence, etc. This year's game looks fantastic.

But as to your point, who cares? It's a business. I don't want to hear how hard it is, just like my clients don't want to hear how hard my job is. Suck it up and do it. If you're going to lure people into next gen, charge $60 for a game, and lock up an exclusive license, you're going to be held to a pretty high standard. Tough. Grow the **** up and deal with it.
Business owners vs. Customers, same issues in every manner of business in society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_BE
If you don't like it, don't buy it, it's really that simple.
Preach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswells
If you were being pressured by competition, you would be forced to totally rework NCAA and Madden because the consensus is they are somewhere between medicore and sub-par.

Since you don't, you're able to keep rehasing the same medicore product.

If 2K put out a yearly football game, I guarantee you that EA football would be a better game. It would have to be or it wouldn't sell. The only purpose of an exclusive license is to get rid of competition. A lack of competition leads to complacency, regardless of the industry.
Who in the hell would go to work and purposely do a bad job or underachieve??? NOONE. Im sure all the guys who work at EA have either a Bachelors or Masters in a required field to work on these games as they do. The competition for jobs in video game company's is to fierce for people not to take it seriously. These guys work hard just like you do at work, and I'm sure they receive gratification for knowing they've produced a good product. How would you like if I went to the McDonald's you work at and said "your being lazy, your not putting enough salt on the french fries?" Give me a break and get real dude, dont take shots at their integrity and work ethic just because you arent happy with the game. Maybe you need to take a trip down to Florida and see exactly how things are done and maybe you can learn to respect these people and what they do just as people respect you and what you do for a living.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #58
All Star

OVR: 33

Only in America ... is there so much scrutiny over every aspect of the game.

I've played games like Rugby 08, Euro 2008 and these have many glitches, bugs and repeated animations but the bottom line is that its fun. No one complains about its, though maybe because it does not reach a larger audience.

People should give credit, when credit is due, and the NCAA developers definitely deserve credit for what I think is going to be a very good product.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 PM   #59
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
As far as "going gold" I always scratch my head over this. I see it used all the time on the message boards, but frankly I don't know what it means. We never use this term at work. The whole team gets an email when we reach a milestone in the development process, and I have never gotten a "NCAA has gone gold!" email.
I think whats getting most people bent out of shape is that most of the time when a "gone gold" news about a game hits, its after the game has gone through the certification process by MS/Sony, normally around 2 weeks before launch date is when they get announced, if at all. so when the news about Madden '09 "going gold", some people apparently thought it was just going to sit in a factory or stores for over 6 weeks. but it was stated by one of the Madden producers(Phil i think) that for EA(at least at Tiburon) that "going gold" for them is when the game get to "final code" and is before the MS/Sony certification process. he also said madden was 2 weeks late on its expected date to "gone gold" status.

i guess some people think game developers work on the game till a few days/a week before release.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:41 AM   #60
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:

If 2K put out a yearly football game, I guarantee you that EA football would be a better game. It would have to be or it wouldn't sell. The only purpose of an exclusive license is to get rid of competition. A lack of competition leads to complacency, regardless of the industry

If that was true then EA would have stopped making NBA live two years ago.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:19 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 26

The thing that hurts the most is that NCAA takes a back seat to Madden every year. That should go in the "what really grinds my gears" thread in the OS Neighborhood. It just looks like Madden has better people working on it imo, overall better product.

just my opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2008, 07:51 AM   #62
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
How can this game have gone gold. They don't have foot prints in the snow. It's not done. They have had weeks to ad this. Now they will add it next year and call it new, when in fact there has been more then enough time to add it this year. At least they added something we have all been asking for years, playing as a mascot. RIGHT. Lets talk about home field advantage remember that (home field something) was in the game a few years ago and they took it out. It did many of the same things that this years home field advantage is bring back this year. I for one am tired of this stuff from ea. To spend so much time with gimmicks and deception on the marketing side makes me mad when the gameplay suffers year after year...

Ok now blast me. I'm a big boy
Question: Did you even play the demo?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Yeah, I mean come on EA, we've should've had progressive lighting back on the Genesis. Lazy bastards.
I was thinken maybe sliders that work for a starter, I wonder if this will be one of the years when the schedules are wrong, lets hope they get it right this year.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
It isn't that simple. Graphics are NOT shared.

Maybe they should be. Thanks for you input this year you have been great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »